Divine ranks of various fictional entities

jboud045

Explorer
I've been thinking over the last few days about fictional entities and wondered what you guys think the divine rank for these entities would be.

These are the ones I've been thinking about:

Q (Star Trek)
Ancients/Ori (Stargate)
The Xeelee (Xeelee Sequence)
Celestials (Marvel)
Eternity (Marvel)
Living Tribunal (Marvel)
One-Above-All (Marvel)

Q (Star Trek)

Their personal-scale weapons cause supernovas, so probably not below First Ones.

Their whole civilization would IMO equate to Demiurge stage III or Time Lord-level power, given near-total control of that universe/multiverse.

They might be low-Demiurge levels as individuals if they aren't very numerous.

The Xeelee (Xeelee Sequence)
I don't know what they are like "innately", but with all their technology available, I'd consider them to be low Sidereal level, or high Immortal level with Cosmic esoterics, individually. Their tech is based on spacetime/gravity manipulation, which in IH terms suggests Cosmic abilities.

As a civilization, they control ~10% of the Universe.

jboud045

Explorer
For the Q I was thinking about the same thing either First One or Demiurge Stage I.

For the Xeelee I was thinking either Elder One or Old One.

For the Ancient/Ori I was thinking Greater Deity, maybe Elder One.

As for the three Marvel entities I was thinking power wise Demiurge Stage 3 for Eternity, Time Lord/or High Lord for The Living Tribunal and Supernal for One-Above-All.

Wolfdragon

Villager
What divine rank would beings from the cthulhu mythos be?
Examples include:
Nodens
Hypnos
Nyarlathotep
Cthulhu (obviously)
Yog-Sothoth
Azathoth
Umr At-Tawil
The Old Ones
The Great Old Ones
The Outer Gods

Howdy Wolfdragon! :)

What divine rank would beings from the cthulhu mythos be?
Examples include:
Nodens
Hypnos
Nyarlathotep
Cthulhu (obviously)
Yog-Sothoth
Azathoth
Umr At-Tawil
The Old Ones
The Great Old Ones
The Outer Gods

As a general rule of thumb...

Great Ones/Elder Gods = Immortals
Great Old Ones/Outer Gods = Sidereals

I actually have a lot of details on the Lovecraft Mythos in this next book, including some surprising divine ranks and reveals and overlaps between who beings like Nyarlathotep and Nodens really are. Hopefully you'll all find it cool. :cool:

Wolfdragon

Villager
Hey Upper_Krust,

Awesome! That would make Sidereals insanely powerful as the Outer Gods are above the Dream lands, which is itself beyond dimensions.

Do you have a rough date of when you will release this new book detailing the Lovecraft Mythos?

Hey there jboud045! :)

I've been thinking over the last few days about fictional entities and wondered what you guys think the divine rank for these entities would be.

These are the ones I've been thinking about:

Q (Star Trek) - At least Demiurge, probably Time Lord
Ancients/Ori (Stargate) - maybe Sidereals probably
The Xeelee (Xeelee Sequence) - not familiar enough with these
Celestials (Marvel)- lots of conflicting showings but I always had them pegged around Old One rank (Sidereal tier)...Exitar and Tiamut are likely higher rank.
Eternity (Marvel) - At least First One, possibly low Demiurge
Living Tribunal (Marvel) - High Lord
One-Above-All (Marvel) - Supreme Being though its notable that DC's equivalent (The Presence) technically is not their Supreme Being, although I think Grant Morrison maybe tried to be clever for its own sake when he goes all meta with continued reality on top of reality ad infinitum. Once you go past a certain point its just waffling to stroke your own ego. I understand the comics have a tendency for one-upmanship (which is fun) but infinite meta-verses are a waste of time IMO. Still the DCU is interesting if nothing else.

In the new book I outline the ranks/challenge ratings for Alien Civilizations based on Kardashev scaling. So if you convert a race to the Kardashev scale its easy to equate it.

Hey Upper_Krust,

Howdy Wolfdragon! :)

Awesome! That would make Sidereals insanely powerful as the Outer Gods are above the Dream lands, which is itself beyond dimensions.

Well yes and no, I'm essentially equating* the Dreamlands and the Far Realm which is the furthest of the lower dimensions. So it is beyond the dimensions of space, time, matter and spirit - but still within a given 'kosmos' (ie. sentient reality...aka Time Lord).

*As far as I can tell they are basically the same thing.

Do you have a rough date of when you will release this new book detailing the Lovecraft Mythos?

Not yet, but looking to set up my landing page for the Kickstarter soon-ish. Had a bit of a setback with the colour art (one of the artists pulled out) so slight delay on that.

...just so as not to confuse you, while I have lots of cosmic monsters detailed in this book I don't specifically stat the Lovecraftian monsters in this book but I will be addressing where they go on the hierarchy and in what dimensions etc. I do plan on stat'ing (most of) them if I get to do a second book though. 🤞

Obly99

Hero
I actually have a lot of details on the Lovecraft Mythos in this next book, including some surprising divine ranks and reveals and overlaps between who beings like Nyarlathotep and Nodens really are. Hopefully you'll all find it cool. :cool:
Hey Upper_Krust, I have created the Helioedes template years ago in honor of the Helioeides template never came out. They are the Outer Gods and are in the range of power of First One/Demiurge. In the following days I publish it.

Remove ads