D&D 5E So long and thanks for all the fish!

Thedip

First Post
It seems that, in this forum, if you make a post that people don't agree with you get a terse response and then ignored. I would have thought that with a role playing game people would be up for some debate, but it seems that people are so set on their own views they can't take any form of disagreement.

Post in this thread or not, I don't care as I am leaving. Just think on it next time you ignore or flame someone, the loudest voice is not always right.

It seems that, in this forum, if you make a post that people don't agree with you get a terse response and then ignored. I would have thought that with a role playing game people would be up for some debate, but it seems that people are so set on their own views they can't take any form of disagreement.

Post in this thread or not, I don't care as I am leaving. Just think on it next time you ignore or flame someone, the loudest voice is not always right.
Bye Felicia!

There are plenty of discussions between people in disagreement here. You just need to learn to deal with flaming and stubborn ones (by ignoring them).

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
There are plenty of discussions between people in disagreement here. You just need to learn to deal with flaming and stubborn ones (by ignoring them).

So, so many; many of them reach the point where they are picking apart grammar or are arguing about something totally unrelated to the original topic. Some threads are like a youtube comment which starts out with someone saying "I love this band!" which has 107 other comments but you can only see the last one which says "That's why communism doesn't work."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

We do have people like that here. How could we not? They are everywhere.

We also have people who enjoy give & take discussions here. How could we not? They are everywhere.

I hope you stay, but if you don't, Godspeed and I hope you find a site you find more agreeable.

Mercule

Adventurer
We do have people like that here. How could we not? They are everywhere.

We also have people who enjoy give & take discussions here. How could we not? They are everywhere.

I hope you stay, but if you don't, Godspeed and I hope you find a site you find more agreeable.
This. I've been part of this community since it was Eric Noah's News Site (or something close to that). It's, hands-down, the most conversational, least flamey, and otherwise best site of its type on the web. I've left (mostly due to a couple years of being stupidly busy), but come back.

- There are, and always have been, folks here that I always read because they're intelligent, whether I agree with them or not.
- There are other folks that I agree with on 80+% and most of my interaction is +1 type stuff or joking around.
- There are folks that I disagree with on 80+% of things, but engage because they make me think and become a better GM/player.
- There are still other folks that just seem to pull me into "arguing on the internet" moments, but those can still be fun. We just play by nicer rules than elsewhere.
- There are also folks that I don't block, but are on a mental ignore list.
- And, there are one or two folks who've managed to make it onto an actual ignore list -- which I should probably review to see whether I still care.

All in all, if you're not finding conversation, here, it's because you're not seeking it out. There have been numerous "help me, I'm a newb" threads, recently, so it's not that. I haven't looked at what your other 9 posts were, but one thing this community is unlikely to do (IME) is hand out pats on the head for "cute" ideas that really don't have any meat to them.

Mercule

Adventurer
You just need to learn how to be good@posting. Myself I am really bad at it I also get ignored.
Yet, you keep trying. ;)

Seriously. It's worth remembering that even my 7K posts make me more a lurker than a major contributor, based on the amount of time I've been here. It takes a lot to get name recognition.

Edit: Actually, you've got about as much XP as I do. You're doing something right.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases