D&D 5E 10th level mage/necromancer however i dont feel like a necromancer

So im a 10th level wizard and I took the necromancer school however I really feel like I mostly rely on fireball etc instead of any summoning raise spells.

the 2 conjuration spells such as minor elementals/raise skeleton are very weak and when I consider using them I always chose a better option. Anyone have better luck running a necromancer and if so how?

Mephista

Adventurer
Necromancer really doesn't come online until level 6, and they're pretty much hyper focused on just casting Animate Dead. As such, you should always be casting Animate Dead all the time. Once you hit level 11, we throw in Create Undead to the mix. If you're not using your spell slots to make an army of undead, then naturally you'll not be having fun as a necromancer. All the hoards, all the time.

There is no such thing as a "better spell" for a necromancer.

Will Doyle

Explorer
I have a 10th level necromancer and I'm really enjoying playing him!

I use Animate Dead over time to build up a zombie horde, and then use the Healer feat to stitch them up between encounters. They're mostly used as blockers to control the battlefield and soak up enemy damage, so their overall effectiveness is very much dependent on your DM - some choose to ignore them =(

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
I have a 10th level necromancer and I'm really enjoying playing him!

I use Animate Dead over time to build up a zombie horde, and then use the Healer feat to stitch them up between encounters. They're mostly used as blockers to control the battlefield and soak up enemy damage, so their overall effectiveness is very much dependent on your DM - some choose to ignore them =(

This use of the Healer feat brings the mending cantrip to mind. In some groups it can be used to help a living construct to recover hit points. Perhaps it can also be utilized to repair damage to undead servants.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases