New SLAVE LORDS pdf! New slavery rules!

Iron_Chef

First Post
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=537&

"Chains & Misery: Slave Lords of Scythae" is a resource for running slave-based campaigns (either as slaves, slavers, slave lords, or slave/plantation owners) in the "Maidenheim: Age of Scorn" (Amazon Aventures) setting. Easily tweaked for use in any setting. Very detailed stuff, written for "mature audiences" as it deals with the usual touchy subject matter this subject entails, including complex hobbling (mutilating as punishment and/or identification) and breeding rules (including "stud services" and "breeding caravans").

Slave maintenance costs and uprising rules are in here, too, and every slave owner must make a slave revolt check each month of ownership, modified by their treatment of the slaves. Pampered concubines, frex, rarely rebel (though they cost 50-100 gp/month to maintain in style). ;)

Includes the Slaver core class and Slave Lord PrC, a few (not too amazing) spells, some extremely cool magic items (collars, gags, etc.) and many NPCs (from generic "Typical Slaver" to detailed unique Slave Lords. Some info on new gods and domains as well.

And what so many of us have been screaming for since 3e came out, slave pricing and fertility rules for every kind of slave of both sexes!!! For example, an unskilled concubine sells for 620 gp (Commoner 1) and a skilled concubine (Expert 1) sells for 1,200 gp. Slave training rules are also included (a year minus slave's Int mod, IIRC), with stats for NPC slave trainers, handlers and guards.

This is probably "a must" for anyone interested in investigating the reality of every aspect of slavery in fantasy d20 (pros and cons included), especially anyone wanting to create/recreate a classic "Slave Lords" (TSR modules A1-4) mega-campaign in far more detail than TSR ever provided. Hell, with this book, you could easily be the Slave Lords of the Pomarj defending your lucrative operation from those pesky do-gooders! Now that would be a fun time. :)

96 pages (almost all OGC except PI and hobbling and stud service rules, LOL). $7.50 pdf from RPGNow (link above).

Complaints: For some stupid reason, this book is broken up into four separate files which makes reading it a pain in the arse. I'm no computer genius, but I've never seen a pdf book broken up like this. There is NO INTERIOR ART, either.

NYC_DM

First Post
Interesting.
I'm currently running a 3.5e game using the original Slave Lords modules.
Then were doing White Plume Mountain, Against the Giants, Descent to the Depths of the Earth, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demonweb Pits, and Tomb of Horror.

I LOVE your idea of BEING a Slave Lord of the Pomarj defending your lucrative operation from those pesky do-gooders!
EXCELLENT!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases