ZEITGEIST [ZEITGEIST] The Yellow Dogs play Zeitgeist (Adventure Logs)

Karma Kollapse

First Post
Last we started Adventure #5, having finished our brief venture into Crypta Heraticarum. The dungeon was a nice detour; I don't think Ashima Shimtu's revelations hit as much as I'd liked them to, but maybe it'll click with the players later when it becomes clear her presence in the dungeon has more bearing on the main plot than they realise?

First session of Adventure #5 was very well received. Players talked very fondly about starting the adventure with combat - practically got cheers when the guns went off and initiative was called. (I mean, cheers for combat, not the poor driver getting killed just as he was introduced).

Highlights of the fight:
* Boris the wizard jumping out of the carriage, tumbling on the floor, getting run over by the next carriage... and then getting up, barely alive, throwing a fireball down the street and killing most of the Kell Guild in the process.
* Kell tech throwing a time bomb on to the carriage; Celawyn (our newest player) grabbing it, throwing it... only for it to bounce off the other carriage and into a convenience shop with lots of children outside. Samuel then jumped from the carriage, grabbed the bomb, throwing it into one of the pursuing carriages. The bomb blew up with him on top, resulting in some dynamic monk dodging.
* Toble the druid turning into an eagle and pursuing the only kell guild to escape, whilst the rest dealt with the bomb.

The players seem to be developing a few personalities for the B-Team, excited to see how they develop tomorrow when everything at Pardwright goes to hell.

Despite only having one player left who was there for Adventure #1, the reappearance of Asrabey Varal has gotten said player very excited and he has already made a bit of an impression with the crew. There's a lot of debate about what Ekosiggan's poem means; and I think they might be suspecting Stansfield due to a lot of references to a dead man in the prophecies so far.

Which reminds me - Wheel-Woven Dead Man? Wheel-woven just referring to wheel of time or am I missing something?

Karma Kollapse

First Post
Grappa is dead, and in the body of a machine with spinning wheels/gears.

Of course it is! I thought it might be an overt suggestion of Stansfield.

Tonight was most of the dwarf stuff with the tunnels, which was most fun. The teenager running the front *really* upset everyone, poor kid. Kvarti - who was the man doing the shooting! - seems to have gotten off scott-free.

In the tunnels, the skeletons posed no problems, but boy did that ant swarm get a lot of ants down people's pants.

Next session will be in the Cloudwood. Still debating 'soul sucked out' vs. 'hanged horror'. But I definitely think I'm the one who is worried and now the players (some of whom have gone on record as hating children, so hey...)

Remove ads