5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR - Page 77
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 778
  1. #761
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,142
    "Could you tell us more of this last group that came this way? Your people stay in this place even with the constent threat of these undead all these years? Why not seek out another home or allies to help in your fight? Surely the Teraphim could help."

    Harfik does his best to keep the woman talking, trying to learn all he can about their situation.

  2. #762
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    EVERYONE

    "You're not an orc. At least not only an orc. Are all your people capable of surviving underwater or each has specific...hm...evolutions."
    "None of us can be called by old names and old conceptions any more... We're... new. We're... one people. The People. The Blind." - she says in a pragmatic way. "Through Teraphim efforts, our differences were taken away. they limited us, pitched us against each other. Now, devoid of minor idiossincrasies of mind and body, we became one, as in the beginning."

    "This one is curious how such an arrangement would benefit him and the lizards,"
    "The undead cut our paths, stop us from going down. They corner us. They'll do the same to you. If we join forces, we can reach the lower areas. We can find our ways back into zones that are now entirely out of reach. Maybe we can even go outside and rekindle alliances with your leaders" - she alludes to Harfik's announced purpose for the expedition.

    "Could you tell us more of this last group that came this way? Your people stay in this place even with the constent threat of these undead all these years? Why not seek out another home or allies to help in your fight? Surely the Teraphim could help."
    "The Teraphim that you bring is the first one we meet in decades. We thought they had abandoned us... For good..." - something jumps in the back of Harfik's mind, reaching out for Aanzu as well. Somehow, they sense that the same happenstance reached the Captain, back in the base camp. She lies. The Blind met the Teraphim. They might not recognize them, but the Teraphim Watch has confronted them during these years. And they were not friendly.

    "We tried to leave, several times. But the dead always attempt to keep us here. In the past, we sought an alliance with the Valley Dragons. Only one paid us heed. But the dead overwhelmed her, and they've cut our path to the Valley. Whispers speak that she's with the dead, now."

    "We have only two ways out, now: through the undead city or by means of a Teraphim artifact. That is, if the Teraphim can help us bring it back to life..." - she studies the party.
    @Neurotic @JustinCase @Greenmtn @Shayuri
    XP JustinCase gave XP for this post

  3. #763
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,142
    OOC: on my phone and limited as to what I can do but Harfik is going to try to dig deeper into his mind to try to get more information about that meeting. What happened, who was the aggressor, how bad was it, and why would she want to be dishonest about it. I can roll in the morning when I get to a computer if needed or roll for me.

  4. #764
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmtn View Post
    OOC: on my phone and limited as to what I can do but Harfik is going to try to dig deeper into his mind to try to get more information about that meeting. What happened, who was the aggressor, how bad was it, and why would she want to be dishonest about it. I can roll in the morning when I get to a computer if needed or roll for me.
    (I'll roll for you, no problem!)
    XP Greenmtn gave XP for this post

  5. #765
    Member
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,736
    "The undead could present an obstacle to us," Icosa muses. "Is there a way to eliminate them completely?"

  6. #766
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    EVERYONE

    Scavenging through his thoughts, Harfik manages to pull out more information about the encounters the Teraphim had with this species. The most prominent one involves a group of three scouts. They confronted the blind within a set of misty caves, probably not far from the heroes' current position. The creatures profited from the Teraphim lack of sight in the situation, ambushing them. A single survivor managed to escape, having only a faint glimpse of a blind mongrel. Other encounters were pretty much the same. Bodies weren't found. Equipment was lost. Little more's available, even within the captain's subconscious mind, though. Harfik grasps from the memories that the Blind tend to fight indirectly. If they manage to loot the bodies of the dead or capture anyone, they certainly knew of the Teraphim before this encounter. Odds are they did know... and ambushed the Teraphim entirely aware of their actions, during these years.

    "The undead could present an obstacle to us," Icosa muses. "Is there a way to eliminate them completely?"
    "As long as the rituals can be performed, they'll keep coming back. The only way to stop them is either by destroying their very souls or the means to their profane rituals." - says the shaman.

    @Greenmtn @Shayuri @JustinCase @Neurotic
    Last edited by Archon Basileus; Wednesday, 9th January, 2019 at 01:55 AM.

  7. #767
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,142
    "Let us proceed then. It seems that we all benefit from going down further into this facility. You seem to be an important person here with your people. I will ask that my friend Aanzu here stay close to you to protect you should we be attacked, we would want nothing bad to happen to you and will need your wisdom on this mission."
    Harfiks words are honey, knowing that Aanzu can access his mind freely thinks the unspoken words. His intent is to have the Shaman go with them, and if she does and they do double cross us she is to be his hostage or if necessary victim.

    "How quickly can you be ready to travel?"

  8. #768
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,325
    Aanzu's expression does not change, at least not visible to anyone without extended interaction with dragonborn. In fact, the prince does not respond at all, processing the information that Harfik both speaks aloud and makes clear in their minds.

    Instead, Aanzu keeps his eyes on the shaman and waits for her reply to the monk's question.

  9. #769
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,142
    I am impressed Shaman, your are the only being I have ever met that packs slower than my Counts Lady."


    Laugh Archon Basileus, Neurotic, JustinCase laughed with this post

  10. #770
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    "I'll consult our leaders... Rest. Prepare yourselves. Going down won't be easy." - she points out to one of the tents, her helpers aiding the heroes to their rest. She then turns, disappears into the murky waters and leave towards the back entrances to the caves.

    ***


    [Ok, you've earned a short rest. You can use this time to scavenge smaller items, maybe convince the locals to offer you a few things for your alliance. Nothing too fancy, though. The place only has weird food and pellets, apparently.]


    After an our or so, the shaman returns. She brings four other warriors. She's carrying a bag with her, ready to move out.

    "We move silently. Gargan, Rookie and these four will help us. Be at the ready. If we are to cross the city, we'll certainly have to face opposition, sooner or later. One more thing: that machine you brought must stay back. It won't pass and it will denounce us." - she points out.

    "The dead you faced are nothing compared to those we're likely to find down there." - she says on a cryptic tone.


    [You have to decide what to do with the armor. Beyond that, you proceed to the passage, as follows.]



    The small path once identified by Thulwar remains silent, thrown in the dark. The chants have stopped. One still should ask if this is a good thing... The seven Blind - the Shaman, Gargan, Rookie and the four scouts - study the noise, suspiciously. One by one, you cautiously go down the tunnel, dragging your bodies slowly, plunging more and more into the dark recesses of Mount Amberilan....


    ****


    The tunnel ends in a stone platform, dug around a column as a perching watch. Beyond its half-walls, green lights and glimmering souls float around, faintly dissipating the surrounding darkness as they move. Fires burn against walls, windows appear against the overwhelming blackness of the cave... This chamber - this huge chamber - houses the massive mausoleum of the undead...

    The Lost City.

    MAP
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LbV34MQSc/edit


    Amidst the great extension of ruined stone houses, the Inner Sanctum rests beyond a half-destroyed wall, still preserving a spot of relevance, even amidst the decadence. A mass of lights and noise comes from there, as if all attentions are focused there.


    Another massive tower rests at Southeast, entirely dark, but crowded with spirits of blue, deadly hue. Towards West, an old Golden gate rots away, unused and half-opened. Howls still come from the distance, but for now it seems safe to move about.


    [Stealth everyone! Where do you go? And.... @Greenmtn, your Count's Lady will hear about that. ]



    @Greenmtn @Shayuri @Neurotic @JustinCase
    Laugh Greenmtn laughed with this post

Similar Threads

  1. [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 367
    Last Post: Tuesday, 25th December, 2018, 09:24 PM
  2. THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR - ROGUE'S GALLERY
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sunday, 20th August, 2017, 11:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •