NomiBarom

First Post
So I have some questions about some of the exploits in O.L.D

Deadly Strike (requires AGI or STR 5+). You inflict an
additional 1d6 damage with a successful hit. For a
ranged attack, this is likely a head shot. By default,
any character can trade attack dice to increase damage
on a 2:1 basis.

Is this always active once purchased? There seems to be rules that you can only use exploits once a turn.
If I attack twice, will only the first one be a deadly strike?
Can it be combined with other exploits, such as a triple strike?
Is it a static +1d6, or does it let you trade on a 2:2 basis when it's activated? If it is not a 2:2, why is the 2:1 listed here as part of the description?

my next question is the character I'm playing has fairly high defenses but low health. I read that crits always hit (however, I cannot find this under the crit section in my O.L.D book might be errata?), regardless of defenses. There are Armour skills that increase the amount needed to crit to 4d6 instead of 3, and weapon skills that decrease from 3d6 to 2d6. How do these interact? do they cancel each other out?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is this always active once purchased? There seems to be rules that you can only use exploits once a turn.
If I attack twice, will only the first one be a deadly strike?

You are correct - it can only be used once per turn.

Can it be combined with other exploits, such as a triple strike?

You can combine exploits as long as you only use any given one once per turn.

Is it a static +1d6, or does it let you trade on a 2:2 basis when it's activated? If it is not a 2:2, why is the 2:1 listed here as part of the description?

It must give some you +1d6 damage. The 2:1 is just there are a handy reminder of how you can normally increase damage.

my next question is the character I'm playing has fairly high defenses but low health. I read that crits always hit (however, I cannot find this under the crit section in my O.L.D book might be errata?), regardless of defenses. There are Armour skills that increase the amount needed to crit to 4d6 instead of 3, and weapon skills that decrease from 3d6 to 2d6. How do these interact? do they cancel each other out?

Good question! Yes, they would cancel each other out. I'll add that one to the FAQ.

Remove ads