D&D 5E A Character Sheet for Beginners

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Because I'm only making five pregens with it, everything is custom fit. It would be difficult to make it more generalized, but I could certainly just remove all the character-specific text and throw that out into the wilds.

:)
If you can find the time to do that, I for one would welcome it! I could really use this layout in my group, and I'd love to be able to customize it.

Tony Vargas

Legend
One thing I miss from the Encounters program was the pack of half-sheet, colorful, laminated pregens with each adventure. Color, and some character art, combined with clear easy-to-grasp presentation of abilities/options was nice for new players.

So this is a nice idea, and I'd say don't worry about using a different design aesthetic from the regular sheets...

Tormyr

Adventurer
Added small changes over both sides with input from some intrepid non-gamers who helped me soften/clean up/simplify the language. Also added a blank color and blank B&W version for [MENTION=6702445]jayoungr[/MENTION]

Version 1.6.1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxTaDcSMIkaaT2NXazdUM2VkSm8

The blank, colored version is more what I was thinking about for a nice, short, how to play document so it could fit with the WotC pregens which cover more PC options as character levels. I am rarely running a table at level 1, but I get lots of new people coming through at Adventurer's league. So being able to ask someone, "What is your favorite fantasy character?" and hand a level 6 pregen of something that fits got them up and going quickly. A generic document that took your great descriptions and colors but didn't follow up with specific information would be ideal for new players at a wider variety of Adventurer's League tables.

If all of the blank area was removed, it could fit on one page, and guide the players toward the critical pieces of information that is important on their character sheet. Nice work so far.

DM Magic

Adventurer
The blank, colored version is more what I was thinking about for a nice, short, how to play document so it could fit with the WotC pregens which cover more PC options as character levels. I am rarely running a table at level 1, but I get lots of new people coming through at Adventurer's league. So being able to ask someone, "What is your favorite fantasy character?" and hand a level 6 pregen of something that fits got them up and going quickly. A generic document that took your great descriptions and colors but didn't follow up with specific information would be ideal for new players at a wider variety of Adventurer's League tables.

If all of the blank area was removed, it could fit on one page, and guide the players toward the critical pieces of information that is important on their character sheet. Nice work so far.

New Adventurers League players should always starts at first level, and only with an authorized Wizards of the Coast pregen -- of which the Starter Set five are the ones that are most likely to be offered. So my hope is that these sheets are ideal for 99% of AL tables. :D

That being said, enough people have asked for a cheat sheet that I'm going to make one as my next project. ;)

Tormyr

Adventurer
New Adventurers League players should always starts at first level, and only with an authorized Wizards of the Coast pregen -- of which the Starter Set five are the ones that are most likely to be offered. So my hope is that these sheets are ideal for 99% of AL tables. :D

That being said, enough people have asked for a cheat sheet that I'm going to make one as my next project. ;)

Ah, good point. My store doesn't do true AL play. We have drop in / drop out on Wednesday nights that go over longer campaigns (like an entire WotC book).

G

Guest 6801328

I love the idea/utility. I also do like the aesthetics...your graphic design skills are better than mine by a long shot...but they don't feel "D&Dish" to me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases