5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford - Page 136
Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1392
  1. #1351
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,192
    Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner

    End Round One; Begin Round Two

    GM:
    Party (PCs)

    Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
    Angis (CQ14) PP14* AC14 HP 31/31 THP3/3 HD 3/3
    Dandin (CV9) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
    Enseth (CW8) PP14 AC20* HP 22/22 HD 1/3
    Wolf-Titus (CU8) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
    Tommi (CP18) PP14 AC14 HP 11/21 HD 3/3

    Allies (NPCs)

    Averiel (DE14) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
    Morwin (CN13) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5 Dodge
    ORB4 (CU14) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1
    Zasha (AZ14) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3 (Hidden)
    Julkounians (Lots)

    Enemies (BGs)

    Bridge
    GoblinBully1 (CM20)
    Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 4
    Goblin2 (CN19)
    Goblin3 (CI23)
    Searching
    Hobgoblin1 (BT26)
    Hobgoblin2 (B25)
    Near Tree
    HobArcher1 (AT40)
    Hobgoblin3 (BF49)
    GoblinBully2 (BH45)
    Goblin4 (BK45)
    Goblin5 (BK47)
    HobArcher2 (BO51)
    Docks
    Gohrag (CK58)
    GoblinBully3 (CL56)
    Goblin6 (CM63)
    Hobgoblin4 (CP59)
    HobArcher3 (CL64)
    Bannerman1 (CM65)
    Bannerman2 (CP54)
    Town Shrine
    Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
    Hobgoblin6 (AB41
    GoblinBully4 (AE36)
    Goblin7 (AH36)
    Goblin8 (AI39)



    Map
    Name:  JLBailey2.png
Views: 70
Size:  1.04 MB

  2. #1352
    Community Supporter
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    6,250
    OOC: It's hard to tell from the map, but is Tommi now in Melee range of the goblins on the bridge, or is there still more than 5' between them. In the former case, he could use his reaction from round 1 to move an additional 15' (as a skirmisher), with no opportunity attacks. In the latter case, he's free to use his sling without penalties. If he moves, it would be retreating 15' (back up the bridge) to maintain distance from the ones burning the bridge. Thanks.

  3. #1353
    It'd worked. Now his friends were spilling out across the bridge. Dandin followed Tommi and Angus. He tried to sling a stone of his own, but the swaying of the bridge tripped him up and the stone splashed into the water below.

    OOC: Sling:: 1d20+4 5 1d4+2 3

    Yay, natural 1!

  4. #1354
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,192
    Seeing the goblins were about to surround him, Tommi turned on his heels and dove behind Angis.

    OOC: Yup a goblin dashed up to him.

  5. #1355
    Community Supporter
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    6,250
    Unable to get a clean shot with his sling, Tommi stands in the middle of the bridge, and wonders what to do.

    Twelve Years Earlier...
    Tommi and Sheren are playing at the edge of the Daggerford wall, where they've been hiding together all day. Their hands have brushed each other a few times over the course of the day, but now as twilight falls, their fingers are entwined and each is smiling privately to themselves. This is not the evening that they kiss for the first time, but it is a moment they both remember. The town constabulary were going around lighting torches on the main streets, a slow process that helps keep Daggerford safe, until the lamps run out. It's the same job Sheren's current team perform nightly, though she no longer has to take part. But back then, that night, hiding in the shadows holding hands, the two of them watched Old Miller struggle with a light, but it always going out. It was being extinguished by Tommi, who had always had the Gift, and could play with flames like this as a lark. Old Miller was struggling to fill the lamp, raise his torch, and as soon as it was lit, Tommi would twitch his nose and snuff it.

    The third time, Sheren laughed aloud. A warm laugh and a squeeze of his hand, and that's the bit Tommi remembers best. Miller blustered and chased them, and who knows if he finished his tasks that night. It had been mean to pick on them, but Tommi had made Sheren laugh, and she was still holding his hand, as she pulled him into Jyn's house, where Tommi's mother made them tea.

    The Present.
    Tommi stands on the bridge, watching the goblins trying to light the bridge, and all he can think to do is to snuff out the flames. He'll run and dodge, but for now, he starts with the biggest flame he can see, and wonders if he can frustrate the goblins by snuffing their flames the same way he did Old Miller all those years ago.

    Tommi twitched his nose.

    OOC: Since there's no one to help with sneak attack, case Druidcraft, to start extinguishing fires --- the spell works on anything up to a small campfire. Perhaps the goblins aren't that far along.

    move and (bonus) dodge to keep out of the way.
    XP FitzTheRuke gave XP for this post

  6. #1356
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,674
    Titus, as a wolf, races to the goblins.

    OOC: As a wolf, Titus has a 40 ft speed, but I don't think that's enough to make it to the nearest goblin. If not, Dodge action. If he can, Bite with Advantage due to Pack Tactics: (1d20+3)[12] or (1d20+3)[17] with a DC 11 Strength Save or be knocked prone.

  7. #1357
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyleking View Post
    It'd worked. Now his friends were spilling out across the bridge. Dandin followed Tommi and Angus. He tried to sling a stone of his own, but the swaying of the bridge tripped him up and the stone splashed into the water below.

    OOC: Sling:: 1d20+4 5 1d4+2 3

    Yay, natural 1!
    OOC: Der, forgot I get free rerolls on a nat 1 per Halfling Lucky abil.

    (1d20+4)[14]
    XP FitzTheRuke gave XP for this post

  8. #1358
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,256
    "Find me a target, ORB4."
    The javelins rack opened as Enseth stepped on the bridge. He reached for a javelin and, following his drone, threw it with a mechanical precision.

    OOC: Movement: CP16
    Action: javelin on a wounded Kobold: 2d20k1+5 22 1d6+3 6

  9. #1359
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,817
    Angis Honack
    Julkoun/Goblin barracks
    10:05 PM
    Round 2


    The goblins were still too far away for Angis to engage. He muttered the words of a spell, marking a goblin, and rushed forward, throwing a handaxe at the creature, then quickly pulled another handaxe to replace it.


    Angis Actions

    Save:
    Move:
    Free Object Interaction: Draw handaxe
    Action: Throw handaxe (disadvantage range)
    Handaxe: 1d20+4 18
    Handaxe: 1d20+4 24
    Disadvantage avoids the crit, but 18 should still hit.
    Damage & Hunter's Mark: 2d6+2 13
    Bonus Action: Move Hunters Mark
    Horde Breaker:
    Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
    Conditions:
    Concentration: Hunters Mark (Closest Goblin)
    Inspiration:



    Mini Stats

    Initiative: +1
    Perception: +4
    Speed: 25
    AC: 14
    HP: 31/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


    Bolts: 15
    Bolts used: 0
    Handaxes: 11/12


    Spells
    1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunters Mark
    4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.



    Party Loot




    Goals

    Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
    Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jesters Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.



    Party

    Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
    Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
    Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
    Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
    Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
    Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

  10. #1360
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,192
    Everyone

    Angis stepped in front of Tommi and flung his handaxe into a goblin who was chasing Jynn's boy up the bridge. The axe buried itself in the goblin's chest with a hard thump and the goblin fell on its back with its arms and legs splayed. Though distracted by thoughts of the past, Tommi concentrated and the flames on one side of the bridge burnt low, and then went out. The goblin with a torch that was there cursed in frustration and began to move up the bridge, only to be harassed by ORB4. Enseth followed his familiar with a javelin, that pierced the goblin through its neck, and it too fell to the wet wood of the bridge.

    The goblin on the other side of the bridge rushed forward with his torch as Enseth formed a front-line with Angis. The goblin shoved the torch in Enseth's face and stabbed him in the abdomen with a pronged fork, disrupting some of the Shield Guardian's systems. Then suddenly, from behind Enseth, leapt the wolf that was Titus, and it knocked the goblin on his back and mauled him with powerful jaws.

    Dandin slung a stone, hoping to get the goblin at the bottom of the bridge. For a moment, he thought the stone had gone in the moat, but the splash he heard was something else - the stone had slipped free of his sling early and hurled high in the air. By some miracle, the goblin moved forward to sling a stone of his own at Angis, which struck the dwarf in the cheek. Then Dandin's stone came down and knocked the goblin on the head. The goblin staggered, and Averiel put two arrows into it from her perch on top of the upper bailey's palisade.

    Aside from the goblin under Titus' paws, who was still struggling, the bridge was clear. However, a hobgoblin who had heard the ruckus came running from between the village's buildings. He had not raised an alarm, but he would soon.

    GM: Fhew! That's a lot.
    Damage Taken:
    (BGs) Goblin1 6 (Enseth's Javelin, Dead); Goblin2 13+ (Angis' Crit wasn't long-range, Dead); GoblinBully1 8 (Titus' Wolf Bite); Goblin3 3 (Dandin's stone) & 4 & 5 (Averiel's arrows) (Dead);
    (PCs) Enseth 9 (GoblinBully1 Fork Crit); Angis 4 (Goblin3's stone);
    (NPCs) None
    Notes

    GoblinBully1 Fork vs Enseth
    1d20+5: 25 [1d20=20] Crit!! 2d4+3: 9 [2d4=2, 4]
    tglassy forgot to roll Wolf Bite Damage:
    2d4+2: 8 [2d4=3, 3]
    GoblinBully1 Strenght Save
    1d20-1: 4 [1d20=5
    Goblin3 Sling vs Angis
    1d20+4: 20 [1d20=16]
    1d4+2: 4 [1d4=2]
    Averiel's arrows vs Goblin3
    2#1d20+4: 2 # 21 [1d20=17] 17 [1d20=13]
    2#1d6+2: 2 # 4 [1d6=2] 5 [1d6=3]


Similar Threads

  1. (OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)
    By FitzTheRuke in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 804
    Last Post: Tuesday, 16th July, 2019, 06:29 PM
  2. (RG) Scourge of Daggerford
    By FitzTheRuke in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Monday, 24th July, 2017, 01:34 AM
  3. Daggerford plots
    By Trellian in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Tuesday, 4th October, 2016, 09:21 AM
  4. Age of Worms: Daggerford and the Realms Conversions
    By Dragonhelm in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Monday, 5th September, 2005, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •