5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford - Page 138
Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1392
  1. #1371
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,197
    Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner


    End Round Three; Begin Round Four


    GM:
    Party (PCs)

    Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
    Angis (CJ26) PP14* AC14 HP 30/31 THP0 HD 3/3
    Dandin (CO19) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
    Enseth (CJ27) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 HD 1/3
    Wolf-Titus (CL23) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
    Tommi (CM21) PP14 AC14 Dodge HP 11/21 HD 3/3

    Allies (NPCs)

    Averiel (CQ16) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
    Morwin (CI27) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5
    ORB4 (CI29) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
    Zasha (BC24) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3
    Julkounians (Lots)

    Enemies (BGs)

    Dead at Bridge
    *GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 20 (Dead)
    *Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
    *Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
    *Goblin3 (CI24) HP less 12 (Dead)
    *Hobgoblin1 (CC28) HP less 16 (Dead)
    Chasing
    Hobgoblin2 (BE13)
    Near Tree
    HobArcher1 (AT40)
    Crossing Town
    Hobgoblin3 (BO49)
    GoblinBully2 (BQ45)
    Goblin4 (BT45)
    Goblin5 (BT47)
    HobArcher2 (BO51)
    Docks
    Gohrag (CK58)
    Bannerman1 (CL51)
    GoblinBully3 (CM52)
    Goblin6 (CM63)
    Goblin7 (CM67)
    Hobgoblin4 (CO59)
    HobArcher3 (CL60)
    Bannerman2 (CM65)
    Town Shrine
    Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
    Hobgoblin6 (AB41
    GoblinBully4 (AE36)
    Goblin8 (AH36)
    Goblin9 (AI39)




    Big Map
    Name:  JLBailey4.png
Views: 60
Size:  1.69 MB

  2. #1372
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,677
    OOC: Titus mentally directs Morwin to fly up and survey the area. I want to see if he can spot the girl and let Titus know so he can go to her.

  3. #1373
    Dandin smiles as he watches Tommi's stone finish off the latest Hobgoblin. So far, it seemed that they'd gotten lucky in the not raising the alarm department. It probably wouldn't last much longer, but they needed to make it last as long as possible. He noticed a couple vague outlines over by the docks, and though he couldn't make much out in the darkness, he decided to play a bit of a ruse to 'hopefully' keep them happy. Not quite sure if it would work, he summoned up the image of a goblin standing where the one had fallen, a torch in it's hand and flames licking at the surface of the bridge. He, himself stood at the other side, trying to look like he was working at spreading the flames already there.

    "You guys try and sneak up on another batch. Once the alarm is raised, I'll come running."

    OOC: Deception: (1d20+5)[9]
    Minor Image for the fake goblin and FOI to pick up a fallen torch. Otherwise, just hoping the distance and the rain will make it hard to notice it's a goblin-sized halfling and not a goblin waving a torch around uselessly.

  4. #1374
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,197
    Zasha vs Hobgoblin2

    Zasha dashed down a lane. She had circled the building that she had been hiding behind, hoping that the hobgoblin would follow her the long way around, but somehow the brute had anticipated her tactic - he went the other way and quickly caught up to her. She would have screamed, but she did not want other goblins to join the hunt.

    OOC: They are both out of time by dashing, so he hasn't grabbed her yet.


    Morwin & Dandin

    Morwin flew up into the air to give Titus an overview of the area. The winged cat spotted the girl and the hobgoblin in the lane, but was not watching when one of the goblins guarding the townsfolk spotted him and fired an arrow. By a miracle, the arrow only grazed the familiar, knocking feathers from his wing. He let out a yowl.

    Dandin created an illusion of a goblin with a torch, and tried to appear like the goblins were still setting fire to the bridge - but his illusory torch flickered all wrong for the rain and the fires were going out, not increasing overall. Furthermore, there were far too many shadowy figures near the bridge. No, the hobgoblin lookout did not buy the ruse. He pushed his way through the crowd of prisoners passing by him and called to any nearby hobgoblins to join him.

    GM: They haven't raised a general alarm yet, but there's a few hobgoblins coming to investigate.
    Damage Taken:
    (BGs) None; (PCs) None;
    (NPCs) Morwin 3 (GoblinBully2's Arrow)
    Notes

    Morwin Perception
    1d20+5: 20 [1d20=15]
    Zasha vs Hobgoblin2 (Deception vs Perception)
    2#1d20: 2 # 5 [1d20=5] 15 [1d20=15]
    GoblinBully2 Perception to spot Morwin
    1d20-1: 18 [1d20=19]
    GB2 shortbow vs Morwin
    1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]; 1d6+2: 3 [1d6=1]
    HobArcher2 Insight vs Dandin's 9 Deception
    1d20: 13 [1d20=13]


  5. #1375
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,821
    Angis Honack
    Julkoun/Goblin barracks
    10:05 PM
    Round 4


    With the hobgoblin before him dead, and no others nearby, Angis looked around in the darkness and rain. He gestured toward Enseth to follow and headed for the corner of the nearby building. He dropped his hand axes and pulled out his crossbow as he moved his hunter’s mark to the approaching hobgoblin from the southeast. He drew a bead and fired.


    Angis’ Actions

    Save:
    Move: Head to CD30 (corner of the building; probably short by 1 space)
    Free Object Interaction: Draw crossbow
    Action: Shoot hobgoblin in lower right corner. Should be in range of a heavy crossbow’s 100’
    Heavy crossbow: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
    1D10+1D6+1 = [10]+[6]+1 = 17

    Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to Hobgoblin
    Horde Breaker:
    Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
    Conditions:
    Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Hobgoblin)
    Inspiration:



    Mini Stats

    Initiative: +1
    Perception: +4
    Speed: 25
    AC: 14
    HP: 30/31+3thp HD: 3/3d10+2


    Bolts: 15
    Bolts used: 0
    Handaxes: 11/12


    Spells
    1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
    4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.



    Party Loot




    Goals

    Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
    Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.



    Party

    Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
    Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
    Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
    Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
    Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
    Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

  6. #1376
    Community Supporter
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    6,250
    Tommi dashes to the building in front of him for cover, trusting that the small fires will put themselves out without further damage to the bridge. He sees no gobins within reach, and so presses his back against the building's cheap plaster, and digs into his pocket and pulls out three more stones, blowing on them for good luck.

    OOC: Move and Action (Dash) -- move 60' SW. That should put him in the CE column, somewhere between row 30 and 35, depending on how diagonals are figured.
    Bonus: Cast Magic Stone. Stones remaining: 3.

  7. #1377
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,197
    Angis vs HobBannerman1

    Angis moved behind the closest building and fired his crossbow at a hobgoblin that was coming forward from the docks. The hobgoblin held a banner - a white sheet stained with blood on a long pole with a cross-bar. The hobgoblin spun the pole, and the quarrel went wide. Then the hobgoblin bannerman moved with uncanny speed, crossing the open field in quick strides. He disappeared from sight around the other side of the building. Angis was unsure as to which way the bannerman had gone, nor from which direction he might return.

    Tommi

    Convinced that the fire would go out on its own without seriously damaging the bridge, Tommi ran over to the same building as Angis and leaned on the wall next to a chimney, blowing on some of his sling-stones.

    Averiel vs HobArcher2

    Averiel leapt over the bridge's scorched railing, and landed on a grassy hill. She took a few ranging shots at the hobgoblin archer, but he was far away - even as he strode toward them, he easily side-stepped her arrows as they struck into the ground.


    GM: @Fradak Enseth needs to go, if you have a moment. @tglassy Titus can still take a turn!
    Damage Taken:
    (BGs) None; (PCs) None; (NPCs) None
    Notes

    Averiel Shortbow (long range) vs HobArcher2
    2#2d20l1+4: 2 #6 [2d20l1=[2], 14] 10 [2d20l1=[6], 7]
    2#1d6+2: 2 # 6 [1d6=4] 5 [1d6=3]

  8. #1378
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,677
    Titus sees the girl and makes his way towards her, dashing if he has to (he currently has a 40 ft speed.)

  9. #1379
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,197
    Titus the Wolf

    Through Morwin's eyes, Titus spotted a girl, desperately trying to get away from a very aggressive-looking hobgoblin. He dashed to her rescue, running between buildings. The lane was dark and he marvelled at how the world looked through his wolf-eyes. He could hear their struggle now, just around the corner.

    Enseth & ORB4

    "Seek!" Enseth's order registered in ORB4's sensors, and the little construct flew over the corner of the building. Sensing the hobgoblin archer, ORB4 buzzed down, flying about the creature's head and zapping it with little bolts of electricity. They were not damaging, but they stung and annoyed the hobgoblin, who swatted at the familiar with the end of his bow.

    Enseth followed, stomping toward the target. As he began to round the corner of the building, his sensors registered a large number of foes, and calculated a defensive strategy. He raised his shield and pressed forward more slowly, ready to receive any oncoming assault.

    GM: Made sense for Enseth to Dodge. ORB4 gives Advantage to the first person to Attack the Archer.
    Last edited by FitzTheRuke; Friday, 28th June, 2019 at 04:56 PM.

  10. #1380
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Moody, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,197
    Location: Julkoun Lower Bailey; Encounter: Gorhag the Slaver & his Blood-White Banner


    End Round Four; Begin Round Five


    GM:
    Party (PCs)

    Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
    Angis (CJ26) PP14* AC14 HP 30/31 THP0 HD 3/3
    Dandin (CM19) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
    Enseth (CJ27) PP14 AC20* HP 19/22 HD 1/3
    Wolf-Titus (CL23) PP13/18 AC13 HP 11/11 THP 3/3
    Tommi (CF33) PP14 AC14 HP 11/21 HD 3/3

    Allies (NPCs)

    Averiel (CP23) PP15* AC14 HP 26/27 THP 3/3 HD 2/3
    Morwin (CC31) PP15* AC12 HP 2/5
    ORB4 (BZ39) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 Help
    Zasha (BO23) PP11 AC11 HP 3/3
    Julkounians (Lots)

    Enemies (BGs)

    [u]Immediate Threat[/i]
    HobArcher2 (CA39)
    Bannerman1 (CC41) C: Expeditious Retreat
    Goblin4 (BY45)
    GoblinBully2 (BU44)
    Chasing Zasha
    Hobgoblin2 (BO22)
    Crossing Town
    Hobgoblin3 (BS47)
    GoblinBully3 (CC46)
    Goblin5 (BY47)
    Dead at Bridge
    *GoblinBully1 (CM20) HP less 20 (Dead)
    *Goblin1 (CP19) HP less 10 (Dead)
    *Goblin2 (CN19) HP less 13+ (Dead)
    *Goblin3 (CI24) HP less 12 (Dead)
    *Hobgoblin1 (CC28) HP less 16 (Dead)
    Left Near Tree
    HobArcher1 (AT40)
    Docks
    Gohrag (CK58)
    Goblin6 (CM63)
    Goblin7 (CM67)
    Hobgoblin4 (CO59)
    HobArcher3 (CL60)
    Bannerman2 (CM65)
    Town Shrine
    Hobgoblin5 (AB35)
    Hobgoblin6 (AB41
    GoblinBully4 (AE36)
    Goblin8 (AH36)
    Goblin9 (AI39)




    Map
    Name:  JLBailey5.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  257.4 KB

Similar Threads

  1. (OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)
    By FitzTheRuke in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 804
    Last Post: Tuesday, 16th July, 2019, 06:29 PM
  2. (RG) Scourge of Daggerford
    By FitzTheRuke in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Monday, 24th July, 2017, 01:34 AM
  3. Daggerford plots
    By Trellian in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Tuesday, 4th October, 2016, 09:21 AM
  4. Age of Worms: Daggerford and the Realms Conversions
    By Dragonhelm in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Monday, 5th September, 2005, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •