WOIN Vampifan's WOIN Blog

Vampifan

Explorer
It was time consuming, Morrus, but it worked well. It helped that I gave all of the unnamed colonists and mercenaries identical stats - identical that is for each group. I then split them into three groups - right flank, centre and left flank. The mercs were better skilled than the colonists but cover played a huge part in keeping down the casualties of the defenders. All in all, it was a fun experience and it certainly tested the rules.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have been vaguely thinking about a variation of the combat rules designed for larger groups. Not mass combat and units, but say 100 individuals or so. It would likely involve simplifying damage so you’re not tracking a hundred combatants simultaneously. Maybe two statuses - bloodied and dead.

M3woods

Explorer
I have been vaguely thinking about a variation of the combat rules designed for larger groups. Not mass combat and units, but say 100 individuals or so. It would likely involve simplifying damage so you’re not tracking a hundred combatants simultaneously. Maybe two statuses - bloodied and dead.
I've been jotting notes for something similar for space combat. I need to firm it up and give it a test run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using EN World mobile app

Vampifan

Explorer
[MENTION=6855284]M3woods[/MENTION]. I can see a lot of merit in coming up with rules for big space combats. I wish you well in bringing it to fruition.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases