Speculating on a FR PrC change for 3.5

Delemental

First Post
I just purchased my 3.5 PHB, and I was pleased to see that they've improved the Widen Spell feat. It now gives a +100% increase in area instead of +50%, and can be applied to "line" spells as well as bursts, emanations, and spreads (though if I'm reading it right, Widening a line area spell only doubles the length of the line).

However, this brings up a question for me regarding the War Wizard of Cormyr PrC from Magic of Faerun. One of the classes' special abilities was to be able to boost a Widened spell to +100% instead of +50% a few times per day. Now that Widen Spell defaults to a 100% increase, how will this ability function?

I don't know when (or if) WotC will be putting out any sort of guide to updating FR material, but I thought I'd get opinions on what folks thought would be a fair and reasonable interpretation for this ability, or what would be a good substitute given the PrC's purpose. It's likely that my group will convert to 3.5 gradually, and a character I'm thinking of playing is going to be a War Wizard.

(I debated putting this in the Rules forum, but decided that I was asking for conjecture on rules that don't exist yet, not for interpretation of existing rules. However, I understand if it gets moved.)

Remathilis

Legend
I had the same question about Frenzied Beserker and thier Improved Power Attacks (2/3 and 1/2 for power attack drop, now superseded in normal PA)

My guess is Make it 150% boost. Seems Reasonable.

Remove ads