(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
My view is not to worry about playing your best skill. Despite her strength of 8, Miss Imogen does the strength test -- she doesn't want to sit around and get a free ride when others are working.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I understand that, it's more about playing to your strengths to me too though. Harb helps out where he can, but he's more of a scout than anything anyways. At least, as far as these situations go. Some of his best skills are basically useless right now.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sure thing. It's the NPC's job to do it, after all.

Although, now that I think about it, the raft probably has a speed of 15' without anyone having to make any checks. Usually 5e doesn't make people make checks to move (even on a vehicle) unless they want to do something fancy (or if there's some kind of obstacle).

So I won't be mean enough to make you roll just to move. Just tell your raft's NPC where you want to go and he'll take you there. He can even "dash" your raft 30' by using his action.

I *will* rule, however, that whatever movement the raft goes while you're on it comes out of each passenger's own movement. (For example, if the raft goes 20' you only have 10' of movement left if your speed is 30).

In my mind it would be weird to have someone *gain* movement in a round by riding a slow-moving object.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So Chrysagon got thoroughly wrapped up by the Assassin Vine. He's gonna pass out from poison at the start of his next turn. I can't think of any way to avoid it. I'll certainly let him wait until the end of the round to take his turn. See what others can do.

(That damage roll was crazy).

The sticks might be in some trouble here.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
strategy-ing: For the Assassin Vine -- I don't know if an arrow will be enough to stop it, but Miss Imogen can cast Mold Earth, which will move loose earth 5' away. casting it on where the vine is planted will cause no damage, but (a) it may break the stranglehold so someone else can rush in, or (b) it should at least give advantage for an attempt to break free.

I'm not asking Fitz to rule on this -- just indicating what I think the best thing for Miss Imogen to do is, and she can do it early.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases