D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak roused himself in the morning and loaded onto his assigned raft. There was some mix and matching to get the ideal balance, but soon he was taking his turns in the bow fending off branches, or poling.

“Great. A swamp. No’ much better’n the jungle. Why cannae their ever be a nice mountain,” the dwarf muttered. But he kept his eyes peeled for trouble.

Perception: 1d20+4 18

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
One evening as they settled in to their evening meal, Harb spoke to the group as a whole.

"This mission is of great importance. Perhaps more so than any of us yet know. I feel that for us to accomplish it, we will need to learn to trust one another despite our separate allegiances and motives. With that in mind I shall now tell you this."

" 'Harb' is no name of mine. While many of you have no doubt surmised this, the truth is much deeper than that. For I have no name at all. I was born an orphan, at a monastery devoted to the study of death. I was given no name at all, and shall remain nameless for the rest of my life. It is a special honor, in a way. But is also a duty."

"This 'death curse' as it is, is an unnatural aberration and must be stopped. Thus, I place my secrets in your hands in hope of accomplishing a goal that is far beyond any of us."

Fradak

Explorer
Not at easy on this craft with those crocodiles around, Chrysagon roped him self to the raft and let some rope for the others if they needed to tie themselves in case of capsizing.

This jungle was slowly oppressing Chrysagon. This armor, the heat, those insects and on top of that, the lack of clear path to his enemy. He was a fool to think he could handle this mission for the Gauntlet. How could he have found the cause of the Death Curse in this green hell anyway? At least now, they had some leads: the Heart of Ubtao, Omu and a name, Acererak. It was enough for him to keep on going.

"Where was this floating island by the way?" he thought, searching the sky.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen listens to Harb's confession, if it is a confession. He's said this in her hearing, which she recognizes means that she has in recent weeks regained some degree of trust from him. But it's clear there is more he is not saying, and she is not interested in pushing him. This must be hard for him, she recognizes.

"Thank you for sharing this. Should we still call you Harb? Our would you prefer something else?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Qawasha thought for a moment and then said to the nameless man who had been called Harb, "You have saved my life, my friend, and I would like to give you a Chultan name, if I may. I have seen you destroy our enemies with the power of your kick. I would like to name you 'Tekosi' which in the language of my village means 'to crush underfoot' - it is not meant in the way one would describe a tyrant, but in the way one would break open a hard-shelled fruit or stomp out a small fire. Yes, perhaps 'stomp' is the best translation. Still, it is a good name for you, if you will have it."

Weed squeaked in agreement.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Still need rolls from everyone: Survival (for finding the way), Athletics (for poling), Acrobatics (for balance) or another ingeniously appropriate check you come up with. I can use Dellrak's roll of 18 in Perception, but I assume that everyone is keeping a basic eye out for trouble, so I'd rather not have too many Perception Checks (unless you insist - it would just mean that you are spending more of the group's efforts in keeping an eye out than you are trying to hustle along. It makes sense, but it won't get you there fast.) Though all Ukee and Weed can do is look around. At any rate, I'll take the individual checks into account when I decide what happens, but it's a group-thing for how "successful" the whole venture is. Here's the NPCs' contributions: Qawasha [roll0], Weed [roll1], Ukee [roll2], Kasqa [roll3], Hup'lo [roll4]. Well, that didn't work. I'll use Orokos...

[sblock=Rolls]
Qwasha Nature, Ukee Perception, Kasqa & Hup'lo Athletics
4#1d20+3: 4 # 4 [1d20=1] 20 [1d20=17] 17 [1d20=14] 7 [1d20=4]
Weed Perception. Go Weed.
1d20+2: 22 [1d20=20]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases