D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew In-Character Thread 1A

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin Watchtower/Secret tunnel
Afternoon
Round 0

Overhear: 1D10 = [1] = 1

Risia paused as Lee held up her hand. Something was ahead. Lee went creeping into the room along the wall, and Harald was trying to shuffle back. Risia sighed, pressing against the bard as they basically exchanged places. He better keep his hands where she can see them!

One she was up a little further, Risia could see the one goblin. She aimed her wand, and when Lee struck, she fired a blast of eldritch energy at the goblin.

Eldritch Blast: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D10 = [6] = 6

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (0/1/R): Faerie Fire, Sleep
Fey Presence (0/1/R)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Lee cannot move from W83 to X83 because W83 is a threatened square. She hits the goblin in X84 and kills it. [Shown on the map by the "x".] She cannot make her off-hand attack against a different opponent, and the goblin in Y84 is out of her reach anyway. After her attack she can continue her move into X83 if you desire, but her attacks are over for this round. I'll leave her in W83 unless you tell me otherwise.

At this point, Risia raises her wand and smites the goblin in Y84 with eldritch energy, unless the revelation of the other two goblins prompts her to change targets. She did enough damage to kill the goblin in Y84.

From their new vantage points, Lee and Risia can see the other two goblins in the room, as well as a bound dwarf lying in the southeast corner of the room.

The Goblins are up now. I'll get their actions posted soon.

Attachments

• Leif's First 5E #3.xls
    12 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

OOC: Why can't she move into a threatened square? In 5e it is only moving OUT threaten areas that provoke a AoO. Additionally, the two goblins are flatfooted until their initiative comes up. And thus they cannot take reactions at all. Page 195:

You can make an opportunity attack when a hostile creature that you can see moves out of your reach. (Emphasis added)

It doesn't matter here. But I'm pointing this out for the future.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
This belongs in the OOC. Take it there, please.

Note: while this post was prompted by jmucchiello's post, it applies to all players equally. Questions regarding DM rulings go in the OOC thread.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases