D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Monk Belt...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
"This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus."

So, look up how to figure out the AC and unarmed damage of a 5th level monk. Whoever wears this belt has that same capability. Couldn't be more clear.[/B]

Well, there's still room for confusion.

The "AC Bonus" column on the Monk class features table clearly lists "+1" for 5th level.

The "AC Bonus (Ex)" listing covers both the Wisdom bonus and the level bonus... but having those two put together under a heading of "AC Bonus" is new in 3.5. It would be interesting to hear from a reputable source (not Customer Service!) what the intention was - and whether the Monk's Belt paragraph was written before or after the layout of the class description was finalised.

I agree that the wording indicates Wisdom is included... but I'm not at all certain it's the intention...

-Hyp.

Carden_Gix'Oth

First Post
Look, the Monk class gets the WIS mod to AC. The Monk's Belt adds 5 levels to a Monk when determining the AC bonus on the Table 3-10 The Monk, PHB. pg.40, so if you're a first level Monk, you'd get the +1 of a Level 6 Monk. If you're a Level 10 Monk with one, you'd get the AC bonus of a level 15 monk (+3).

If the class is anything but a Monk, it only gets the +1 innate bonus to AC that applies when unarmored and under a light load (medium load with a Feat, but that's beside the point).

When referring to the AC bonus of a Monk, for all items and spells (if applicable) unless it states the WIS mod the Monk gets to AC, you always refer to table 3-10 "The Monk" PHB. pg.40. This isn't that hard to figure out, guys. I know this thread is like, 18 years old, but this way there's a concrete answer and people aren't left confused anymore.

Also, if I get in trouble for Necro'ing this post, keep in mind, I have a Half-Nymph Dread Necromancer. It's kinda in his job description to Necro things.

Remove ads