Stranger Things 2 [spoilers]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We’re at episode 6 now. Awesome Aliens nods (stay frosty!) plus Burke (Paul Reiser).

The 80s hit my nostalgia gene square on. The Van Gellis(so?)-sequels music, the Ghostbusters outfits, the arcades, the cassette tapes.

If s1 was D&D, this one is feeling more Call of Cthulhu so far.

Ryujin

Legend
The music definitely had '80s sounds to it. Lots of pseudo Tangerine Dream and Oldfield too. Not just "Stay frosty", but also the motion tracker bit. Definitely with you on the C0C vibe too.

MarkB

Legend
Just finished watching the last episode. An excellent second season, building very well upon the events of the first, and congratulations all round to the cast, who all deliver amazing performances.

I personally thought that season two wasn't as good as season one...but it was damned close!

There were a few story elements that I thought didn't fit well, but over-all, I really enjoyed the season. I'm done watching, and now I need to digest it.

With season one, I actually enjoyed it more on a second viewing...I'm wondering if season two will be the same way for me.

Ryujin

Legend
I personally thought that season two wasn't as good as season one...but it was damned close!

There were a few story elements that I thought didn't fit well, but over-all, I really enjoyed the season. I'm done watching, and now I need to digest it.

With season one, I actually enjoyed it more on a second viewing...I'm wondering if season two will be the same way for me.

First watch, for me, is to just go with the story. Second watch is for the references :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Finished it!

Man that show hits me in the nostalgias so hard. I was their age at the time this is is set. Well, a bit younger.

I hate nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia, but I really enjoyed this series, as, I feel, it didn't rely at all on nostalgia to be a good show.

I'm not sure about Eleven's trip to Illinois and Eight's gang and storyline, but I guess we'll see them again in season 3.

AR

MarkB

Legend
I hate nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia, but I really enjoyed this series, as, I feel, it didn't rely at all on nostalgia to be a good show.

I'm not sure about Eleven's trip to Illinois and Eight's gang and storyline, but I guess we'll see them again in season 3.

I'm hoping we'll see more of a broader picture in season 3, with the Upside Down moving to the back burner in favour of something new. Bring it back as the Big Bad in season 4.

Eight was an interesting character, and I definitely want to see more of her interacting with Eleven. The rest of her 'crew' didn't make such an impression, though I did get rather a strong Shadowrun vibe from them.

Remove ads