Dungeons & Dragons – Stranger Things Style - Check out this Dungeons & Dragons character binder from 1981!

What a nice time capsule! I have a bare handful of my old character sheets from the 80s. 10-year old you has far better handwriting than 10-year old me.

Uller

Adventurer
I'm the same age as the kids in the show. I was 12 in 1983 and began playing D&D probably around 1980. I had a pack of neighborhood friends, we went everywhere on bikes (and beat up motorcycles), we used walkie-talkies to talk to each other. Most of the toys and games (and even a lot of the lead minis they show) I owned and still have many of them.

What amazes me is the Duffer brothers were born in 1984. Everything about the era, they've heard 2nd hand. But they pretty well nail it.

I was surprised to see that, too. I saw a news article mention that they “Got their start making short films as kids based on Magic: The Gathering” and then looked up how old they actually were.

My wife pointed out that a lot of what they channel comes from the 80s movie touchstones that would’ve been very much still an influence in the early to mid 90s.

What amazes me is the Duffer brothers were born in 1984. Everything about the era, they've heard 2nd hand. But they pretty well nail it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases