[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
... So a little hoof-nerfed. And nothing said about Riding them (which I am happy with). Pretty close, though. I'll probably make him a polearm guy instead of an archer, though.

eayres33

Explorer
Valdral Shadowmace

Basic Information
Name: Valdral (Val) Shadowmace
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
Alignment: LG
Appearance: Appearance: Tall and slender Val carries himself with confidence and usually grace.
Cleric.jpg

[sblock=Combat]
AC 17
HP 20
SPD 30
Initiative +2
Hit Die 2d8
Spell Slots 1st level 3/3 DC 13 +5 to Hit
Spear: +4 to hit 5ft or 20/60 1d6+2, or 1d8+2 two handed
Dagger: +4 to hit 5ft or 20/60 1d4+2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]
Cantrips
Guidance
Light
Sacred Flame

1st level
*Charm Person
*Disguise self
Bless
Cure Wounds
Detect Magic
Healing Word
Guiding Bolt
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ability Scores]
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 11 (+1)
WIS 16(+3)
CHA 10 (+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ST and Skills]
Saving Throws: STR +2 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +1 *WIS +5 *CHA +3

Skills: Acrobatics +2 Athletics +2, Animal Handling +3, Arcana +1, Deception +1, History +1,* Insight +5, Intimidation +1, Investigation +1, *Medicine +5, Nature +1, Perception +3, Performance +1, *Persuasion +3, Religion +1, Sleight of Hand +2, *Stealth +4, Survival +3.

Proficiencies: Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons,Thieves tools, playing cards
Languages: Common, Elvish
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Chain Shirt, Shield with holy symbol, 10 spears, 2 daggers, thieves tools, tent, Explorer’s Pack (back pack, bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, 50 ft of hempen rope)Dark common clothes, coin pouch
GP 59
[/sblock]

[sblock= Features]
Ear to the Ground: You are in frequent contact with people in the segment of society that your chose quarries move through. These people might be associated with criminal underworld, the rough-and-tumble folk of the street, or members of fine society. This connection comes in the form of a contact in any city you visit, a person provides information about the people and places of the local area.

Channel Divinity: 1 use, recharges on short or long rest

Turn Undead. As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead within 30ft of you must make a Wisdom ST. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage.
A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 ft of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there is nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

Invoke Duplicity. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to create an illusory duplicate of yourself. As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that last for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration. The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30ft of you. As a bonus action you can move your illusion 30ft to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.
For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusions space, but you must use your own senses. Additionaly, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.
[/sblock]
[sblock= Character Personality]
Personality: Val is loyal and purpose driven. While believes in a strong adherence to the law, he also knows that in certain circumstance you must do what needs to be done, of course you should report those crimes to the local authorities and soon as it is safe to do so. Val places great value on friendships and is always more than willing to put himself in harm’s way to help his friends. While outgoing and joyful, Val does have a tendency forget himself and say things out of turn.

Personality Trait: I enjoy being strong and like breaking things.
Ideal: Responsibility. I do what I must and obey just authority.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.
[/sblock]
[sblock=History]
Valdral was born into a poor family in Empire Point. His father died when Valdral was seven and he spent most of his youth doing whatever odd jobs he could find to help support his family. Through-out his time working on the streets and having many hungry nights Valdral hung onto the belief that the Goddess of Good fortune would look down upon him and his family sooner or later. Even when his mother died shortly after his 15th birthday Valdral would not be shook from his faith.

After his mother died Valdral was taken into an apprenticeship by an aging bounty hunter named Salazar who taught Valdral the methods and mindsets behind criminals and how best to track them down and bring them to the proper authorities for justice. Salazar’s health quickly faded but Valdral took his position and while he was picky about his assignments, picking only the most brazen criminals, Valdral quickly made a name for himself and was able to support himself and Salazar until Salazar finally succumbed to his illness several years later.

After watching another person close to him die before their time, Valdral decided it was time to give himself over totally to his faith and join the Order. Valdral dedicated his life to serving his faith and to act on the behalf of his church, never doubting that all the unfortunate circumstances of his life had transpired only to point him on this righteous direction. Valdral has spent the last 15 or so years in the service of his church.
[/sblock]

Works for me. You should be sure to read the IC post #2 about how all Clerics worship all of the 12 gods and goddesses. They might personally favor one or more of them. But there is but one church for all the deities.

Once Fitz makes his Centaur, I'll ask you two create some reason you know each other. You story joins the main story in the village of East End. You were in Bit a few days before the festival when one of the high priests asked you to go to East End to help with the mayor, who was sick. You friend, Fitz' Centaur, was happy to accompany you because Bit becomes very crowded during the High Sun Festival and being big in a crowd can be annoying. You traveled through Homestead and Bareback (map in post #2) before arriving in East End.

What happens next when we are ready to join the IC.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun Baymire
Male Centaur (Fey) Outlander Fighter Level 2
Alignment: Neutral Good Diety None

AC 16 (Scale & Shield)
HP 24/24
Hit Dice: 2/2 at 1d10+2
Speed: 40 feet
Passive Perception: 13

Str 16 (+3) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2)
Int 08 (-1) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 13 (+1)

Saving Throws: Strength +5; Constitution +4

Actions:
Yklwa +5 for 1d8+5p (Thrown 10/30) 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+5p (Thrown 30/120) 2/2
Hooves +5 1d4+3b
Net +4 restrained (Thrown 5/15) 2/2

[sblock=Skills]
Skills
Acrobatics (Dex) +2
Animal Handling (Cha) +1
Arcana (Int) -1
Athletics* (Str) +5
Deception (Cha) +1
History (Int) -1
Insight (Wis) +1
Intimidation (Cha) +1
Investigation (Int) -1
Medicine (Wis) +1
Nature* (Int) +1
Perception* (Wis) +3
Performance (Cha) +1
Persuasion (Cha) +1
Religion (Int) -1
Sleight of Hand (Dex) +2
Stealth* (Dex) +4
Survival* (Wis) +3

Proficiencies
All Armour and Shields;
All Simple and Martial Weapons;
Musical Instrument (Horn)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features & Feats]
Race Features (Centaur)
Charge If you move at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hit it with a melee weapon attack on the same turn, you can immediately follow that attack with a bonus action, making one attack against the target with your hooves.
Hooves Your hooves are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Equine Build You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push or drag. In addition, any climb that requires hands and feet is especially difficult for you because of your equine legs. When you make such a climb, each foot of movement costs you 4 extra feet, instead of the normal 1 extra foot.

Fighter Features
1: Fighting Style (Dueling): When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
1: Second Wind: Bonus Action - You regain HP equal to 1d10+2 (your fighter level). 1 per Short Rest.
2: Action Surge: On your turn, you can take one additional action. 1 per Short Rest.

Backstory: TBD
Background: Outlander
Background Feature (Wanderer):You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
Scale Mail & Common Clothes
Yklwa (2) & Javelins (2)
Nets (2)

Clothes, Common
Backpack & Blanket
Mess Kit & Rations (10)
Horn & Waterskin
Tinderbox & Torches (10)
Rope (50' Hemp) & Block & Tackle
Purse (15gp)
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I figured you wouldn't mind me using the Yklwa (it's from Chult in Tomb of Annihilation). It's kind of half a sword and half a spear. I felt it suited my Centaur bristling with spears more than a sword did, and I found that he can't really use a lance, which seemed kind of appropriate, if possibly broken.

FitzTheRuke:

I did say that Centaur are NOT fey in my campaign. They are monstrous humanoids. Be sure to fix that.

I'll allow the Yklwa but I think it is OP. There is no other one handed weapon that is simple and does 1d8 damage and weighs less than a spear. It should probably only do 1d6 or be a martial weapon. Since you have Martial Weapon Proficiency, I'll allow you to use the Yklwa as written.

Find a pic for your character. I use the headshot as a token in the battle maps.

FitzTheRuke and Eayres33

Okay, Fitz and eayres, copy your characters to the RG thread. Fitz, you still need a background.

Backstory

Valdral Shadowmace was in Bit a few days before the festival when one of the high priests asked him to go to East End to help with the mayor, who was sick. Rather than walk all that way by himself, he asks his friend Swithun Baymire if he would like to take a short trip to East End. Knowing how crowded Bit becomes during the Sun Festival, due to start in a couple days, he readily agreed. The pair traveled through Homestead and Bareback (map in post #2) before arriving in East End.

There, curing the mayor was more of a babysitting job than anything else. But once the mayor was obviously going to get better he asked if the pair could go to Leed's Crossing and find out where his son was. When he first fell ill, he sent his son to fetch the priest who lives there. After a day went by, he sent someone to Bit for help and also one of the town guards to Leed's Crossing to find his son. Neither of those sent to Leed's Crossing has returned. And, frankly, there's nothing there that's all that interesting that one would stay there so long if they didn't live there.

So he asked if the pair could find out what's happening in Leed's Crossing. They were game and set out the next morning west to Leed's Crossing. About two-thirds of the way there the pair found a crude roadblock. There were seven dead kobolds there, barely a few hours old. Tracks crossed the roadway from south to north, they were human-sized foot prints. Looking west, neither of them could see sign of cook fires coming from Leed's Crossing. At this point, they decided to follow the fresh tracks north.

--

I'm going to copy this to the IC thread. Valdral and Swithun should introduce themselves and make perception checks as they travel off road to the north following some tracks.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Right. Not Fey. Can we rename the Yklwaa half-spear or a swordspear or something else of your choosing? I agree that it is OP as a simple weapon. I just wanted to use it in place of a longsword. (Though I might throw it, s'why I have two.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If it's okay with you, JM, I'll write his background as I become more familar with the setting. Basically, I imagine he is from some obscure Centaur clan from not near civilisation. Val was his first human friend he made when he travelled to human lands.

eayres33

Explorer
I was thinking perhaps Val had gone on a pilgrimage of sorts and run across Swithun, Swithun then returned with Val to see more of this new “civilized” world.

Something of that nature. Just a thought.

The centaurs are known to have villages out on the Centaur Plains. That is over 100 miles away from Bit. That would be some wide ranging travels. Though, since you came from Empire Point, that's no big deal.

You can give the yklwa a "centaur" name if you like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases