[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

TallIan

Explorer
Sorry, I wanted Z to post his save first. I should have done that last round to offer healing if it was needed.

Anyway, Updated Perin the RG

Beast trait and flaw: 2#1d6 3 1

Now I just need 8 hours for a LR and 8 hours to cast the beast bond ritual, and 50GP worth of food - can that be in the stores?

Also, what is your opinion on barding for the wolf @jmucchello? will it need proficiency in armour? I have two skills to choose so could that be one of them?

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I decided to keep Swithun simple (compared to a Battlemaster) and made him a Samurai. (I mean, obviously not a *Samurai*, but he strikes me as a focused, stubborn warrior, who is probably high born in his Centaur tribe, so "Samurai" works pretty well. Obviously, Centaurs would call it something else.)

Now I just need 8 hours for a LR and 8 hours to cast the beast bond ritual, and 50GP worth of food - can that be in the stores?

See IC post. I forget, did you have a wolf with you the whole time or are you taming one of the wolves that are already here?

Also, what is your opinion on barding for the wolf @jmucchello? will it need proficiency in armour? I have two skills to choose so could that be one of them?

Barding is feasible for a wolf, though the beast might not like it. I would call that an Animal Handling extended task to get the wolf to accept the barding. Obviously there's nothing available here for barding. You will have to have it made when you get back to town. There will be downtime after the next "chapter" and you will need downtime to get armor made and the wolf use to wearing it.

Are we getting a short rest?

That is up to you. Obviously Perin is hoping for some rest. While the townsfolk are in a hurry to leave, they are still abuzz with activity around the camp. They don't want to leave without proper provisions. A few of them are debating taking a couple of the tents. If you are going to wait for the next kobold cart to arrive that might be later today or tomorrow. The townies can't be sure as the carts had never arrived separately. But they are also interested in claiming that second cart if it arrives soon.

I want to see the traditional samurai armor on a centaur. :)

TallIan

Explorer
See IC post. I forget, did you have a wolf with you the whole time or are you taming one of the wolves that are already here?
Hmmm... I should have read my own backstory. Perin had the wolf with him - or at least available - since he escaped. I think I got caught up in the idea of taming one of the camp wolves. But I actually wanted to ask about a saddle more than armour. I guess that would be the same?

Barding is feasible for a wolf, though the beast might not like it. I would call that an Animal Handling extended task to get the wolf to accept the barding. Obviously there's nothing available here for barding. You will have to have it made when you get back to town. There will be downtime after the next "chapter" and you will need downtime to get armor made and the wolf use to wearing it.
That all makes sense, I just wanted to see if I needed to use one of the skills the pet gains for armour training (something I have seen on some forums).

That is up to you. Obviously Perin is hoping for some rest. While the townsfolk are in a hurry to leave, they are still abuzz with activity around the camp. They don't want to leave without proper provisions. A few of them are debating taking a couple of the tents. If you are going to wait for the next kobold cart to arrive that might be later today or tomorrow. The townies can't be sure as the carts had never arrived separately. But they are also interested in claiming that second cart if it arrives soon.
I guess we'll sort that out IC

EDIT: actually looking at the number barding isn't really necassary. He'll have to be in heavy armour to see any improvement. Chainmail barding will become redundant at 4th level anyway and splint will likely become redundant at 5th, depending on the ASI the wolf gets. Even plate would only make a difference before level 8

Last edited:

Remove ads