[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

You are third level. You've had money. So you can have a few alchemy items that you built, that's not an issue. The real issue is you were captured and separated from your items. After you are untied, you will find your lute but your alchemical supplies and the prebuilt items you had before you were captured are suspiciously not with your other equipment, found in the tent you were tied up in. Read the IC and give me an Int (investigation) check to see if you know (or can figure out) what happened to them. :)

tglassy

Adventurer
That is wonderful, thank you.

I'm reading through the IC right now, on page 25. I'm enjoying the story so far and can't wait to get started. I'd like to at least skim through the rest before posting.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Heh, sounds fun. I’m also intrigued at the idea of Surina and my soon-to-be-finished aasimar drunken master and their interactions... They’ll know of each other, at least, with her family of vintners.

Brother Pelegon (name not definitive) lives as a hermit near town for a few years, and is mostly known as a drunk. He moved here after his wife died, and that’s pretty much anyone knows.

Indeed, that will be interesting. Surina’s been away training for a few years, but depending on how long Brother Pelegon has been a local hermit, she might indeed know him. While she’s obviously not a tea-totaler, she’s probably a bit prejudiced against alcoholics. (Both because she’s morally uptight and because it’s a waste of good wine to drink just to get drunk). If she knows he is Aasimar, she’s likely to be a bit conflicted about his current state. It will be good for her to wrestle with the fact that the world is a lot more complicated and morally ambiguous than she thinks it is.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, Drake is up. I added 1 lb worth of Alchemical Items, which turned out to be 1 Alchemist's Fire (that's expensive stuff! It takes half a pound of material!), 1 vial of Acid, 4 Vials of Perfume and 20 flasks of Oil since Oil costs him half a silver. I figure Oil was what he usually uses to soak rags in and wrap the edges of his quarterstaff to do his Fire Dancing, so it makes sense he'd have a lot of that. I didn't put anymore "raw materials" on there, so he'll have to buy more if he wants to make more. That comes out to roughly 50 gp extra, plus the Alchemist Supplies, which is another 50 gp.

I guess I'll wait for him to be introduced to make a post, but I did my Investigation Check.

Justin, how long do you think until you are ready to submit your character?

tglassy, You remember one of the lizardfolk who came into the tent rummaged around in your stuff and left with a few things. When you ask around, he was a necromancer who spent most of his time in the pit. Odds are your stuff is down there.

I just noticed Drake's flaw. You will be traveling with a noble. Everett is like 5th in line for the Tommelsin (I never remember how to spell it) family chair. (And you should have include the background info in the RG thread. We'll never find it again if it is left in the OOC.)

tglassy

Adventurer
[5E] [OOC/Recruiting] JM's A Bit of Trouble (one spot open)

I just noticed Drake's flaw. You will be traveling with a noble. Everett is like 5th in line for the Tommelsin (I never remember how to spell it) family chair. (And you should have include the background info in the RG thread. We'll never find it again if it is left in the OOC.)

Gotcha, I’ll grab that.

And yes. I look forward to making fun...I mean, verbally sparring with the elf.

As for who the Noble is that “wants his head”, we can work that out. Drake is not the most reverent of characters towards those he believes look down on him.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
FYI, “the dragon” is not a separate entity, but more like the remnants of the Red Dragon personality that he wrestles with on a daily basis. His natural inclination is to anger and violence, like his Red Dragon Ancestor, and he finds it helpful to view that aspect of himself like an inner beast.just some RP that I find fun.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, how's this? :)

[sblock=Brother Pelegon]
[sblock=Basic information]
Name: Brother Pelegon
Sex: Male
Race: Protector Aasimar
Class/Level: Drunken Master Monk 3
Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Languages: Common, Celestial, Dwarvish
Speed: 40ft.
Init: +2
Prof. Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 13
Note: Darkvision 60ft.
Proficiencies: Herbalism kit (hermit), brewer’s supplies (monastic tradition), woodcarver’s tools (monk), simple weapons, shortswords

DEFENSE
AC:
15 (+2 dex, +3 wis)
Maximum HP: 27
Current HP: 27
Saves: Strength +2, Dexterity +4
Note: Resistance to necrotic and radiant damage (aasimar); Reduce ranged damage with 1d10+5 (Deflect missiles)

OFFENSE
Melee:
Quarterstaff +2 (1d6 bludgeoning; versatile 1d8)
Melee: Unarmed strike +4 (1d4+2 bludgeoning)
Note: Flurry Of Blows/Drunken Technique (spend 1 ki point to make 2 unarmed strikes after Attack action; provoke no Opportunity Attacks and gain +10 feet walking speed until end of turn), Radiant Soul (for 1 minute add +3 radiant damage once per turn and gain fly speed 30, 1/LR)

STATISTICS
Str
10 (+0), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 12 (+1), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 14 (+2)
[/sblock][sblock=Features & proficiencies]
RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Protector Aasimar
Ability scores: Charisma +2, Wisdom +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
Celestial Resistance: Resistance to necrotic and radiant damage
Healing Hands: As an Action, touch a creature to restore 3 (level) hitpoints, 1/LR
Light Bearer: You know the Light cantrip.
Radiant Soul: Unleash divinity within yourself, manifesting as two spectral wings and divine strikes. Action; for 1 minute add +3 radiant damage (once per turn) and gain fly speed 30, 1/LR
Languages: Common, Celestial

BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Hermit
Skill Proficiencies: Medicine, Religion
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism kit
Extra Language: Dwarvish
Discovery: In your isolation, you have discovered something important. (To be determined with DM)

Personality Traits: I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation; never tell me the odds. I also connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan.
Ideal: Material goods come and go; bonds of friendship last forever.
Bond: I entered seclusion after the (apparent) death of my wife, who turned out to be a succubus.
Flaw: I can quit drinking any time, I just don't want to. If there's a plan, I'll forget it; if I don't forget it, I'll ignore it.

CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Monk (Way of the Drunken Master)
Saves: Strength +2, Dexterity +4
Proficiencies: Simple weapons, shortswords, 1 artisan’s tool or musical instrument: woodcarver’s tools.
Martial Arts: Can use Dex for unarmed strikes; do more damage with unarmed strikes; can make one extra unarmed attack when taking the Attack action.
Unarmored Defense: While unarmored, AC is 10 plus Dexterity modifier plus Wisdom modifier.
Ki: You have 3 ki points and can use them to power certain features. DC 13.
Flurry Of Blows: 1 ki point, make two unarmed strikes as bonus action after the Attack action.
Patient Defense: 1 ki point, Dodge action as a bonus action.
Step Of The Wind: 1 ki point, Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action, and jump distance is doubled.
Unarmored Movement: While unarmored higher walking speed, dependant on level.
Deflect Missiles: As a reaction, reduce damage from a ranged attack by 1d20 plus level and dexterity modifier. If reducing the damage to 0, catch the missile if possible to hold in a free hand.
Monastic Tradition: Way of the Drunken Master
Bonus proficiencies: Performance, brewer’s supplies
Drunken Technique: When using Flurry Of Blows, gain benefits of Disengage, and walking speed increases by 10 feet for this round.

SKILLS (* Proficient)
+4 (dex) Acrobatics*
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
+0 (str) Athletics
+2 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+3 (wis) Insight
+2 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+5 (wis) Medicine*
+0 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+4 (cha) Performance*
+2 (cha) Persuasion
+2 (int) Religion*
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth*
+3 (wis) Survival
[/sblock][sblock=Ki powers and magic]
Ki points spent: 0 /3
Ki save DC: 13

Flurry Of Blows: 1 ki point, make two unarmed strikes as bonus action after the Attack action.
Patient Defense: 1 ki point, Dodge action as a bonus action.
Step Of The Wind: 1 ki point, Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action, and jump distance is doubled.

Cantrip: Light (aasimar)
Radiant Soul: Unleash divinity within yourself, manifesting as two spectral wings and divine strikes. Action; for 1 minute add +3 radiant damage (once per turn) and gain fly speed 30, 1/LR
[/sblock][sblock=Appearance & bio]
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Despite his unwashed hair and unshaved face, something draws the eye to this tall and lean man. Perhaps it's the way he moves, drunk and unstable yet never falling or dropping things; perhaps it is the way his nearly completely white eyes look back with kindness. Either way, something about this simply dressed man seems to speak of destiny...

BIO
A few years ago, Brother Pelegon moves to a tiny cottage outside Leed's Crossing, keeping to himself mostly. Apart from occassional trades with the wandering Perin Wolfrider and quick visits to the nearby villages to purchase drinks, food, and more drinks, Pelegon barely interacted with people but instead spent most of his days drinking away his sorrow.

The sorrow of losing his new wife, which he discovered to be a fiend in disguise during their wedding night. Urged on by his angelic guide, Zabobiel, Pelegon and the clergy of the monastery where he was raised as an orphan, confronted and killed the succubus Myandra. Pelegon, however, was heartbroken as he felt that she was the first to understand him and the burden of a divine destiny. The joy of the church about defeating such a fiend alienated the young aasimar further, and he chose exile.

Which mostly meant brewing beer and drinking himself into a stupor every night. Until the moment that, still trembling from lack of alcohol, he woke up a prisoner of lizardfolk and kobolds. It seems there is no escape from one's destiny after all...
[/sblock][sblock=Inventory]
COMBAT GEAR
Quarterstaff

OTHER GEAR
Waterskin (on belt)
Beltpouch, containing coins
Backpack, containing:
- Bottle, glass
- Tankard
- Woodcarver’s tools
- Herbalism kit
- Flute

MONEY
2 gp
8 cp
[/sblock][/sblock]

Brother Pelegon looks pretty good. Do you have any idea what discipline your hermit discovery might be from or are you leaving it wide open for me? I'm going to introduce you into the IC as part of the next time I update Drake's actions. You can post to this to the RG thread.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases