[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: I'm assuming an attempt to short rest happens. And it succeeds. So if you want to spend hit dice on a short rest, go ahead.

After the fight, the villagers have created a meal. Some tables and benches are removed from the fencing and they enjoy their first good, filling meal they've had in over a week. They rescuers are invited to enjoy the repast with them. Several men take turns at the ambush site so you can recover from your battle. The meal is somber and the villagers reflect on people they have not seen in days. They are heartened to hear about the people at the Leed's Crossing Inn who survived and escaped to the south. They worry about East End suffering a similar fate.

As the meal is being cleaned up, one of the men at the ambush rushes into the camp and says they've spotted the cart. It'll be at the ambush point in a few minutes.

GM: I've placed you on the map below. The brush without trunks is only four or five feet high so anyone hiding there is crouched down. But you can pick different locations if you want. Some of the men decided to help out. They have shortswords or short bows. Note: The wagon is covered with a tarp. You didn't see the wagons covered with tarps before.

You have a moment to plan. If during initiative rolls, if you want to set up some tactics, go ahead. I won't actually start combat until you seem to have yourselves properly prepared.

Roll initiative and roll hit dice if you want to heal. Also make stealth rolls.

Cart Ambush.png

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun was still sore from the previous battle when the wagon rolled into view. He stood, not particularly out of sight behind Sarina and the large rock. He was determined to get it done, and he held a net in one hand hidden behind his shield in the other.

OOC: [roll0] (Bleh)
[roll1] (Are You Kidding Me!? HP: 21/32)
[roll2] (Nice)

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin had barely recovered from their last ordeal when one of the villagers watching the ambush site summoned them. The kobolds and their dark masters were returning.

As the others found hiding places they had to crouch behind Perin made the best use of his short stature. Standing behind a hedge until the wagon was close then walking along opposite the wagon, placing himself in a position to cut off any escape. He gesture for one of the villagers to follow him.

OOC: Can Perin be at J37 at the start of the combat, ideally with someone else NPC or PC

initiative: 2d20k1+2 11

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 22/28 HD: 0/3d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 1/3 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Goodberry; Longstrider
Concentration:

Bolts: 30[/SBLOCK]

GM: Sure. I'll update the map before the combat actually starts. Do you want a bowman or a swordsman? Everyone should make Perception checks on top of the Stealth and Initiative checks.

Swithun 22
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
Valdral ??
Kobolds ??
24/32
17/17
22/28
not much
31/39
21/28
6/27
(stealth 8, perc 4) HD 0/3 (second wind, action surge used)
(stealth 7, perc 21) HD 0/3 (out of spells)
(stealth 11, perc 15) HD 0/3 (out of spells)
(stealths 5 5 12 17 11 3 2)
(stealth 5) HD 1/3 (second wind, action surge used)
(stealth 7, perc 6) HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)
(stealth ?) HD 3/3 (out of spells)
Waiting on [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] and perception (and some stealth) checks.

Anyone else want to change position?

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: We are gonna be spotted, that's for sure. Those are some terrible stealth rolls. Let's see if we can at least see something: [roll0] Edit: NOPE.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
OOC:
Perception: Perception: 1d20 6
Note, Surina's stealth was 7, not 1; only her initiative was 1. Not sure that helps much, though
I'm fine with her location.
Oh, by my count she still has 5 lay on hands, thanks to leveling up.

Last edited:

Valdral: stealth, perception, initiative: 1d20+4 23 1d20+3 23 1d20+2 5
Zadolix perception: 1d20+4 7
Kobolds: Initiative: 1d20+1 8
Lizardmen: Initiative: 1d20+2 20

The wagon rolls to a stop a ways from the ambush. The kobolds talk to one another quietly and then jump off the wagon and dart into the brush. Perin, Everett, and Valdral notice two lizardmen slip off the back of the cart. Perin and Valdral are the only party members who sees the lizardmen.
[sblock="For Perin only"]There is at least one more Lizardman still on the cart.[/sblock]
Swithun 22
Lizardmen 20
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Kobolds 8
Valdral 5
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
24/32

17/17
22/28
not much

6/27
31/39
21/28
(stealth 8, perc 4) HD 0/3

(stealth 7, perc 21) HD 0/3 (out of spells)
(stealth 11, perc 15) HD 0/3 (out of spells)
(stealths 5 5 12 17 11 3 2)

(stealth 23, perc 23) HD 3/3 (out of spells)
(stealth 5, perc 7) HD 1/3
(stealth 7, perc 6) HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)
Swithun goes first.

Cart Ambush.png

Last edited:

Remove ads