[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun did not understand what the lizardman was saying, but in his culture he was trained to blame his enemy for crimes committed in war; his conscience was clear that this lizardman had brought this torture upon himself for his involvement in the capture of the townsfolk. The centaurs believed strongly in freedom and this punishment was appropriate for attempted enslavement.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Having finished loading the cart - or at least deciding he is finished with it - Brother Pelegon wanders over to where the lizardfolk is questioned. He observes the goings-on while swaying slightly on his feet, pretending to know exactly what is being said despite not speaking Draconic.

"Woah woah," he is startled when Everett conjures the fire, "Be careful where you point that! You don't want anyone to get hurt, do you? The guy's already defeated!"

The monk hesitates, then says more quietly, "Guy? Girl? D'you reckon it's a she-lizard?"

TallIan

Explorer
Perin watched as the lizardman was tied to a tree. Flashbacks of his own mistreatment came to him. He stands rooted to the spot as conflicting emotions race though his head. As Everett conjures flames, apparently to execute the lizardman, Perin comes to a resolution. "Enough! If we are to remain better than these lizardmen let us not lower ourselves to their ways. He has confessed to many crimes. If we are to be his judge, jury and executioner then let us finish this without suffering. Better though to imprison him and send him to the magistrate."

The 4-5 villagers watching take a step back as Everett invokes fire and Pelegon and Perin intervene.

"There is nowhere to imprison him," says one of the older villagers. "Leed's Crossing you say was abandoned. East End is several miles away. We have wounded and disabled people who need to ride the carts. And we need to carry food for our journey. When we return to civilization, all 50 of us are now copper-less."

"But, Jaron, what if they don't believe us that reptile men are kidnapping people? He's proof of that." Says another man.

Thateous

Explorer
"Democratic vote perhaps? If the group feels they are able to handle the prisoner then take him. As far as your proof, a sealed letter to my father and the guards explaining everything should do it." He extinguishes the flame and leaves write a letter. He asks one of the villagers to poll the others.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon nods, his attention quickly fading now that the bound lizardfolk’s life is no longer threatened.

”So what’s the plan, dragonlady?” he addresses Surina, apparently considering her to be something of a leader to this group.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina had been all ready to let Everett do as he pleased—for all that his demeanor surprised him—when Brother Pelegon and Perin intervened. Perin’s words especially cut her to the quick; she had been ready to let passion take over and to condone actions she had just condemned in the lizardfolk. She shook her head to clear it, thankful for the intervention.

She blinked when Brother Pelegon addressed her as if she was in charge. “We should follow the tracks east and put a stop to this ‘Lord.’” The only question is if we are rested enough and numerous enough to do so.”

TallIan

Explorer
”We certainly need a rest before we’ll be much use to anyone. says Perin. ”But then we’ll need to get more information before we can make any plans. We’ve at least rescued the villagers and they can report back what we do know.”

"Everett, I've never seen you to have a temper," says Maran Puth'Sayol Tillerson, wife of Dennet, Everet's cousin. She is a half-elf in her middle age, perhaps in her 80s. There is a deep, deep sadness in her eyes but she presents a neutral face to those who never met her before. "I just realized it was you who lead this group of heroes to our rescue. Dennet is sleeping on the other cart. He should pull through thanks to all of you."

The other villagers recognize her and seem to defer to her as she continues. "The camp should be safe for a couple days for you to rest here. We are going to go to East End as soon as the carts are fully loaded. It is still morning and if we leave by noon we should get there by nightfall. They need to be warned about these incursions and then they need to organize some fighting men to go farm house to farm house to make sure none of them have been attacked. From what I understand Mayor Jurad is heading to Bit to inform the families. Once East End is secured I will go there with Dennet and make sure Jurad is heard.

"As for him," she says referring to the lizardman, "I believe Ryalth said he was a spellcaster. We cannot take a chance on transporting him to East End. He should be executed, but not out of anger, my dear." She pats Everett on the shoulder.

"We wish you luck in stopping this Lord Ariamhodary but do be cautious. If he controls a swamp full of kobolds and lizardfolk, who knows what other creatures fall under his sway. I hope to see each and every one of sitting a place of honor at a feast in your names someday." She smiles at you all before she turns and heads back to the cart to be by Dennet's side. A child can be seen sitting next to Dennet, Paval, age 7, Everett's nephew.

[sblock="Everett Only"]You do not see your niece, Anya, with your cousin's family. Anya is 14 and if you remember correctly (you have lots of cousins and nephews and nieces), very headstrong.[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
Everett's tension visibly lessens at her touch. He takes a deep breath and place a hand over his face. "I'm sorry. I can't continue to be as care free as I was. This experience has changed me. I had never killed before this, had never tasted my own mortality. Never seen my family in such a state. Where is Anya?" He asks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases