[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun charged into action, rushing toward the Kobolds. He ran right across the road in front of the wagon.

OOC: Dash to F20. Hey, 2nd Wind and Action Surge come back on a Short Rest. Which we got, or we wouldn't have spent Hit Dice, right? I only mention it because I might have used Action Surge to throw his net over a Kobold.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Concerned about what the tarp might hide, and aware that the kobolds might have bows, Surina ran to the other end of the boulder, then saw the lizardmen behind the cart. She ran toward them, throwing a javelin as she did so.

OOC: Surina will run to I 28 and throw a javelin at L2
Javelin thrown at L2: 1d20+5 6
Sigh. I think orokos hates me.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
At the end of a long charge, Swithun threw a Net over one of the Kobolds.

OOC: Action Surge. [roll0] (or [roll1] disadvantage because nets kinda suck). Restrained on a hit. Edit: Yup. Suck.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin curses as the two kobolds head to the other side of the road. too far to engage with his sword, he lets fly a bolt before bursting out of cover, gesturing for his partner to follow.

[SBLOCK=rolls and stuff]
Action: AttackAttack and damage on L2: 1d20+4 22 1d8+4 11 I'm not sure Perin was hidden when he took the shot, but I rolled ADV anyway - it was a 6.
Move: to G33
Bonus: - [/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Ministats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 22/28 HD: 0/3d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 0/3 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Goodberry; Longstrider

Blaith[/SBLOCK]

The kobolds manage to avoid the net.

The first lizardman casts a spell and the second lizardman grows in size, maybe 13 feet tall. He spots Perin and rushes toward him. He stabs at Perin with his giant trident and bite. But he cannot seem to get a bead on Perin.
attack Perin trident and Bite: 1d20+4 12 1d6+1d4+2 7 1d20+4 11 1d8+2 4
Perin then sees two more lizardmen exit the cart and the first lizardman give them direction to go left and right around the cart. The lizardmen move forward but take no other actions. The three visible lizardmen are armed with tridents and have shields.

Everett's fire bolt hits one of the kobolds.
Perin fires his bow at the giant and hits and the giant closes. (I skipped your move since the giant went first.)

The villagers engage the enemy as they can. The swordsman with Perin strikes at the giant foe. But his strike bounces off the giant shield.
attack L2: 1d20+1 14 1d6+1 7

The three archers near Everett step out and fire at Lizardman 3. Two of them hit.
attack L3: 3#1d20+1 21 21 4 3#1d6+1 3 5 6
The swordsman next to Valdral maintains his position, guarding the cleric.
The two archers to the south fire at Lizardman 4. One of them hits.
attack L4: 2#1d20+1 7 20 2#1d6+1 5 7

The kobolds draw their weapons and take up a defensive stance (all attacks are at disadvantage).

Zadolix rushes forward. And with a surge of energy strikes at L3. But the lizardman manages to dodge the deadly warhammer.
attack L3: 1d20+4 12 1d10+2 4 1d10+2 6

Swithun 22
Lizardmen 20
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Kobolds 8
Valdral 5
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
24/32
L2 11/22; L3 14/22; L4 15/22
17/17
22/28
not much
k1 1/6, k2 6/6
6/27
31/39
21/28
HD 0/3 (action surge used)

HD 0/3 (out of spells)
HD 0/3 (out of spells)

HD 3/3 (out of spells)
HD 1/3 (action surge used)
HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)
Waiting on Valdral. [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] After val is Surina and Swithun.
(Arwen, if you want to change were Surina is going you can since you are last in the initiative.)

Cart Ambush.png

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
OOC: Thanks! Surina will move to K27, next to Zadolix, instead of the location I provided earlier. Her (failed) attack will be against L4
Question: The description above says Zad strikes out at L3; but the map puts him next to L4

GM: Must have been a typo. Z went after L4 because he suspects Perin might need help with the big guy.

I'll give eayres33 another day or two and then move on. Swithin is up at the top of the next round.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun called to Everett "Do not burn the one I am trying to take prisoner! Remember the plan: We need at least one alive."

Noticing the Lizardmen, he called to everyone, "We must try to get one Kobold, and one Lizardman to question! The rest may die!"

He kicked the burning Kobold, not to kill, but to knock the wind out of the little creature so it would stop jumping away when he tried to scoop it up in his net. And yet, it jumped away from his hoof, much to his frustration.

OOC: Move to D20, [roll0] for [roll]1d4+3[/roll] (Nonlethal). Edit: That didn't work, but I missed anyway.

Remove ads