D&D 5E Players Self-Assigning Rolls

Aaron L

Hero
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusader, and Batman vs Two-Face (with Shatner [!] as Harvey Dent.)

While I am most definitely not a fan of Camp Batman (just watching it annoys the Hell out of me) I have heard about these and am happy to pass the info along to someone who does like it. They should be out there to find if you'd like to see them.

So, if I'm reading the latest advice right, when a player at my table self-assigns a roll, I should simply put on my best low gravelly voice and utter "I'm batman!"

Assuming I've done a good job as DM, they really should already know that "I'm batman", so they shouldn't be surprised when I >POW< *THWACK* <ZOK!!> their d20

Got it :p

DM Magic

Adventurer
I made it to this thread by reading the excellent article quoted in the OP, and then by following the link in DM Dave's post in the comments section of that site. And wow. Wow wow wow. It took me three days, but I finally made it through this thread -- and it was a feat of strength to resist the urge to toss my phone into the toilet. I have to say, to [MENTION=16814]Ovinomancer[/MENTION], [MENTION=97077]iserith[/MENTION], [MENTION=6779196]Charlaquin[/MENTION], [MENTION=6777696]redrick[/MENTION], and [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION]: you all have the patience of saints.

To add to this thread: I'm also a DM who requests an action with a goal and approach.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases