D&D 5E How can I optimize a hexblade pact of the blade warlock?

mellored

Legend
Start with 15+2 Cha.
Polearm master, Elven accuracy (18 Cha), resilent Con, great weapon master, +2 Cha.

Taking scouting invocations, and then try to cast darkness (+devils sight) -> shadows of moil -> foresight + elemental weapon before battle.
Otherwise, use spells like suggestion.

For your last 3 levels, go battlemaster fighter with defensive style.

Melee
Team player (the other melee combatants are a ranger with two short swords and a greataxe wielding barbarian).
Tanks *and* elusive? IDK, which is a better option?
Hmmh.
Both of your buddies can hold theor own in melee. So you don't have to worry too much about drawing fire.

Darkness and devil sight combo is ill advised. Your barbarian would hate you.
The ranger would be ok with it.

Which subclass is the barbarian?
If he is wolf totem you nearly always have advantage to attacks anyway. That would be important for further considerations.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Hmmh.
Both of your buddies can hold theor own in melee. So you don't have to worry too much about drawing fire.

Darkness and devil sight combo is ill advised. Your barbarian would hate you.
The ranger would be ok with it.

Which subclass is the barbarian?
If he is wolf totem you nearly always have advantage to attacks anyway. That would be important for further considerations.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app
I’m not sure what subclasses most people plan on taking. I wish I could give more info.

There are 6 party members.

Barbarian
Dual wielding ranger
Rogue
Celestial warlock
Druid

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
Sword and board with booming blade and green flame blade. Go Tome lock to get rituals (tounges, leomunds tiny hut, telepathic bond) and some utility cantrips (minor illusion, mage hand, light), your party is a bit low on utility.

Focus on disables. hold person, suggestions, enemies abound, hypnotic pattern. Possibly elemental weapon on the barbarian. As well as more utilities like fly and invisibility (rogue). Probably put foresight for he ranger if you make it that far. Though ask the celstial/druid what their taking so you don't overlap.

Inspiring leader (barbarians love THP with their resist, everyone else likes it too), warcaster, +2 Cha, resilent Con. Possibly healer.

See if you can get the celestial go get repelling blast to combo with your booming blade. As well as their wall of fire, and maybe druids spiked growth. It might not be a bad idea for you to grab it as well. Just because you have a sword, doens't mean you need to use it all the time. Be flexible.

And while darkness + devils sight will annoy the barbarian (it cancels out all advantage and disadvantage, so his reckless attack), shadows of moil still works and boosts both your personal offense and defense.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases