2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Legend
Ettin

It's taken a while, but I finally finished this miniature. I took my time on this figure. My campaign is on hiatus, so I have slowed down my painting - unfortunately. I usually paint more and faster when I have a "need" for the particular miniatures.

This is a Reaper Ettin. It is the metal version. It has a ton of details, but was a lot of fun to paint.

mini_60_ettin_01.jpeg

mini_61_ettin_01.jpeg

mini_62_ettin_01.jpeg

mini_63_ettin_01.jpeg

I guess the advantage of not having a pressing game is I can paint what I want. Now, I just need to figure out what to paint next.

Models completed in 2018: 64

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Having a pressing need is a boon and a curse. I've painted more models this year than the 5 prior. But they were all ww2 infantry models and I'm getting burned out after 70+ figures along with vehicles, arty, etc. I'm itching to move to something else but I need more for a campaign so here comes another 10 or so late war US infantry. One day I will start my Saga vikings and the Dark Young model I bought! One day...

pogre

Legend
Fantastic ettin! I love the fish. Great looking base too.

Thanks very much!

Flexor the Mighty! said:
I've painted more models this year than the 5 prior. But they were all ww2 infantry models and I'm getting burned out after 70+ figures along with vehicles, arty, etc. I'm itching to move to something else but I need more for a campaign so here comes another 10 or so late war US infantry.

These days I find it very tough to do multiples of similar figures. WWII Americans sounds like a slog to me too.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
It is, but assembly line painting helps and when you have others in your group pushing you by constantly coming with more nicely painted models you don't want to be the chump with a bunch of bare plastic on the table. People will bring armies in progress but everyone is actively painting their stuff which is great.

My D&D group always expected me to provide all the models and stuff and I got tired of that so I've stopped bringing any of my painted figures to games but I"m not DM'ing right now so I figured the other DM's want to have that for their games head to the store. They go on about how its so much better with miniatures yet none of them have brought a single fig, even pre-paints. So I've moved all my effort to my wargaming stuff since I have a very active group that is as into this part of the hobby as me.

pogre

Legend
3D Printed Viking House

A friend of mine printed this for me. I did not do a great job painting it, but it is certainly good enough for tabletop standard. I learned a lot in the process - for example: inks do not work great on this surface. Good thing too, because he just gave me another house and two viking long ships to paint!
mini_64_vhouse_01.jpeg
mini_65_vhouse_01.jpeg
mini_66_vhouse_01.jpeg
mini_67_vhouse_01.jpeg
mini_68_vhouse_01.jpeg

Sorry for the small pictures - took photos with my phone.

Models completed in 2018: 65

pogre

Legend
Molly Sprocket - Gnome Airship Captain

In the 5e campaign I play in we have a huge airship and our captain is a gnome called Molly Sprocket. We named our ship after this NPC - Molly's Folly. I was cruising the Stonehaven Miniatures site and came across a gnome pirate - Perfect! I ordered the mini and was shocked by how small she is - I mean this miniature is tiny! I finally painted her up and will reveal her to my fellow players and DM at our game tomorrow.
mini_69_molly_01.jpeg
mini_70_molly_01.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 66

Remove ads