Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Did you take into account that Daxio is flying about 30’ up and under Greater Invisibility? I know the Nightmares can fly, so that’s handled, but how are they seeing him to be able to attack him? I didn’t see you roll miss chance for the invisibility.

Also, what is the DC of the Fort save, and the consequences?

Fortitude save: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Did you take into account that Daxio is flying about 30’ up and under Greater Invisibility? I know the Nightmares can fly, so that’s handled, but how are they seeing him to be able to attack him? I didn’t see you roll miss chance for the invisibility.

Also, what is the DC of the Fort save, and the consequences?

Fortitude save: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23

Fort DC 16 or sickened for 1 minute. It is in the stat block

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Alright, Aranel detonates her Fireball right in the middle of the dark elves nearest her at Q11, catching I think 4 of them in the blast...as well as herself and a bunch of allies!)

(...)

(...but since she has Selective Spell metamagic, it doesn't matter! She uses a 6th level slot to cast it both Empowered and Selective. Mwahahaha)

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Ok, I'm splitting this into three different posts. The first one resolves Aranel's action; the second one resolves Daxio's, Zyara's and the enemies' actions; the third one resolves the last hero block. Sorry for being so short on my latest answers, but I sent messages from my cell phone - at work, basically! ;) Hope you guys enjoy our return. Thanks for all the patience and the help = after such a long downtime I had to walk a lengthy mile to get organized once more!]

ARANEL

From the tip of her finger, fire breeds and spins. It gains momentum as it travels, bullet-like, towards the enemies. By the time it arrives, it's already a full-grown fireball, and the explosion reaches far and wide, swallowing the enemies into a red cloud!

As the fires lift up, the land is even more scorched. Beyond, where Zyara and Batknight confront three of the knights, a nightmare falls, its black skin breaking under the heat! The other beasts leap in pain, one of them almost throwing down the rider as the flames weaken it greatly. The knights themselves are mostly unaffected, though, protected as they are by their profane sets of armor.

"Not even the fires of Hades can slay us!" - one of them screams, filled with pride, forcefully controlling a nightmare that's on its last legs.

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8d4JfuERBlwxOyxyeHt2aMphSnGFqDDH64Exv6yQ88/edit

MINI-SHEETS!

AUTUMN CHAMPIONS

[SBLOCK]

The 'Round Table' of the Autumn Court, these knights are equally skilled warriors and bards. Their courtly talents are unmatched in the Underworld. Strangely, not every knight fights today....

TO HIT: +23
CBM: +17
CBD: +30
AC: 30(24/26)
HP: 120
FOR+15 REF +10 WILL +14
DAMAGE: Lance of jousting (1D8+7)(double in charge); two-handed sword (1D10+7)
SPECIAL: damage reduction - blungeoning/magic - 15; spell resistance - 13; channel negative energy (on attack) - +5D6 damage; blasphemy (3x/day); phobia (2x/day); shadowbard (1x/day)
[/SBLOCK]

NIGHTMARE

[SBLOCK]
TO HIT:+9/+4
CMB: +11
CMD: +26
AC: 22 (13/17)
HP:71
DAMAGE: 1d4+4 - bite - 1d6+2 hooves (+1d4 fire)
FOR+8 REF+7 WILL+3
SPECIAL: cloud of smoke 15 feet - skcness 1d6 minutes - FOR 16 denies (1 round duration, conceals as obscuring mist)
[/SBLOCK]

ENEMY STATUS

[SBLOCK]

KNIGHT 1 - 120
KNIGHT 2 - 120 - 93
KNIGHT 3 - 120 - 114
KNIGHT 4 – 120 - 96
KNIGHT 5 - 120 - 114
KNIGHT 6 - 120 - 93
KNIGHT 7 - 120

MOUNT 1 - 71
MOUNT 2 - 71 - 29
MOUNT 3 - 71 - 0 DEAD
MOUNT 4 – 71 - 10 (Prone)
MOUNT 5 - 71 - 2
MOUNT 6 - 71 - 50
MOUNT 7 - 71
[/SBLOCK]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @Kaodi @MetaVoid @Charlotte of Oz

[Next, I'll post the new round, resolving Daxio first. I need Zyara's actions for her turn, since I'll resolve her second! We'll follow with Arduniel, Moss, Batknight Aranel and Alice.]

Last edited:

OOC: Which knights are prone? Which horses are prone? Did anyone stand up within reach of Zyara? I think she had one last AoO she could use. Are the HP totals in the status sblock 120 - 114 = 6 hp left or "was" [-]120[/-] "now" 114?

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Alice shrugged off the gas, grinning devilishly as her mutated arm lunged forth twice in quick succession, testing out the properties of the enchanted items.

"I had a nice evening I planned to fill by solving a mystery and/or flirting with nymphs and you had to go and ruin it. You're mad because you're humiliated? If you don't hit the road you're gonna run out of synonyms for that word to describe how badly we are gonna beat you down."

Arduniel backs off quickly, having a knight and the beast next to him is not his idea of good time as the wound he took can attest. His first move is to prevent that from happening again. Another call to his magic and stones roll up from the ground over Alice and him settling down in protective layer of shifting stone.

Barking one more word, pulse of focused sound flies toward the knight, but the angle from the ground is wrong and it flies off high above detonating with barely heard POP! He curses at himself, but there is nothing to do about the effect.

"Alice, you're protected from direct hits for a good while, use it well."

[sblock=Actions]
HP: 47 / 86
Move to M9: use Jaunt Boots to move 15' back and to the ground without provoking OAs
Standard: Stoneskin on Arduniel and Alice granting DR 10/adamantine for 2 hours (or 150 damage prevented) - using the charge from the last round
Swift: Quicken Pulse script with 2 charges from the gloves
Pulse vs Knight#2; sonic damage; Knights Fort DC 21 vs daze: 1D20+15 = [5]+15 = 20
5D6+5 = [6, 1, 4, 6, 2]+5 = 24
1D20+15 = [19]+15 = 34
- missed touch (why couldn't I roll the other way around and have damaged and dazed knight?!?!)
[/sblock]

OOC:
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], Arduniel and Bat are hasted one more round (with +3 AC and Ref saves) - and he will use Smoke tattoo as an immediate action for 20% miss chance on knights attack (if it happens)

Also note that his gloves are empty, his runic staff is empty and he has no charges left. Next round either summoning or fundamental casting.

Charges: 0
Scripts:
Pulse 1/2
Striking 1/2
Float 1/2
Alter Flow 1/2
Miasma 1/2
Negation: 1/2
Diamond Skin 1/1
Falsify Senses 1/1

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Joe, you had nightmare 3 prone - now dead - and nightmare 4's still prone and going. The knights soft fell the trip. You can roll extra AoO on your next post before your attack and I'll resolve it as I resolve the regular turn. Let's see: you tripped a horse, got one AoO; the second one moved, you used another AoO and tripped it, and got a third AoO out of it. I guess you didn't roll your second attack for the second trip. The HP numbers displayed are always the amount they still have, never the amount taken from them. @Charlotte of Oz, do you maintain Alice's position? @MetaVoid, noted!]

Last edited:

This is not a complete turn for Zyara:

OOC: I'm going to do Zyara's turn a bit slower this time as whether or not the knight fall is important. 5 is still mounted.

Damn, so much to keep track of. I'm trying to figure out Z's hp total. How did knight 3 attack Zyara twice when he was supposed to be charging and then she interrupted that charge with her AoO Trip. He should only get one attack because the charge was still at least a move action (or even no attacks if the trip disrupts the charge's full action completely).

Moving forward, here's part of Z's action.

As a swift action, Zyara spends 2 ki points from her pool to gain Spell Resistance 22 for 12 rounds.

She swings her foot out low trying to trip the still standing horse.
Trip on Horse 5: 1D20+26 = [12]+26 = 38 Success, triggers 2 AoOs against the horse and maybe one against the rider
2 AoOs against nightmare and last 1 against rider if needed: 1D20+22 = [13]+22 = 35 HIT
2D8+1D6+9 = [6, 2]+[2]+9 = 19
1D20+22 = [9]+22 = 31 HIT
2D8+1D6+9 = [4, 7]+[4]+9 = 24
1D20+22 = [20]+22 = 42 HIT, CRIT, if he falls
2D8+1D6+9 = [1, 3]+[4]+9 = 17

Confirm roll for possible crit: 1D20+22 = [10]+22 = 32, confirm (hope he fell)
2D8+1D6 = [6, 5]+[3] = 14
Er, that should 2d8+1d6+9 so, 23, not 14.

She is then going to attempt to trip knight 3 with her second full BAB attack.

Trip, followed by 2 AoOs: 1D20+26 = [9]+26 = 35 Success
1D20+22 = [2]+22 = 24 miss, even though he's prone
2D8+1D6+9 = [4, 7]+[3]+9 = 23
1D20+22 = [6]+22 = 28 hit, because he is prone
2D8+1D6+9 = [4, 3]+[4]+9 = 20

Now my next action depends on the status of knight 5 making his soft fall or not.
Still have three attacks left: +22/+17/+12. The next full BAB attack is probably to trip knight 5 if he isn't on the ground already. The remaining two attacks go against the two nightmares, #4 first to kill it off.

[sblock="Mini Stats"]hp: 159/111 (or 148 depending on knight 3 having his action or not)
AC: 35 (10 +8 Dex, +9 Wis, +4 class, +2 ring); touch: 35; Flat: 25
CMD: 42 (10 +12 BAB, +7 str, +8 dex, +9 wis, +4 monk, +2 ring)
Fort: +16 (+8 class, +5 Con, +3 cloak)
Ref: +19 (+8 class, +8 Dex, +3 cloak); Improved Evasion
Will: +16 (+4 class, +9 Wis, +3 cloak); +2 vs Enchantment
Immunity: diseases, magical diseases, falling damage (only near a wall)
Spell Resistance 22, 12 rounds remaining.

Stunning Fists 12/13
Ki 12/15
Elemental Fury 5 more rounds (It's supernatural so it goes through their spell resistance)
4 or 5 reactions left until her next turn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases