Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Kaodi

Hero
The Bat grits his teeth. His foe was proving troublesome, striking above his weight, so to speak. "Whatever happens do not interfere between this one and I," he shouts to his companions.

And then beneath his mask his eyes narrow. His voice a whisper, such that only his foe may hear him, the Bat says in his native tongue, the weight of the long years of exile upon him, "My name has gone unspoken for many years. But should you strike me down I trust you will find some inspiration - - brother!"

As he finishes that last syllable the Batknight suddenly launches a torrent of adamant upon his foe!

[sblock=Attacks]Full Attack: 1D20+24 = [7]+24 = 31
1D8+12 = [8]+12 = 20
1D20+19 = [13]+19 = 32
1D8+12 = [3]+12 = 15
1D20+14 = [14]+14 = 28
1D8+12 = [4]+12 = 16
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Hah, only cowards flee leaving their brethren to die. Begone cowards," Zyara says to the disappearing knights, hoping they aren't just invisible. She turns and surveys the battle to see who she should aid. (Waiting for map update.)

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"My own kind?" Alice frowns, taking a moment to examine those departing a little more carefully - though she keeps up with one single attack, for appearances' sake. "You're saying you're tieflings then?"

OOC:
It might not necessarily be an action, but no harm in adding a little realism - so Alice spends a move on her Arcana check. Alice check for Knowledge - Arcana: 1D20+14+1D6 = [3]+14+[2] = 19

And an attack: Alice attack & damage roll, factoring in Studied Combat: 1D20+18+6 = [20]+18+6 = 44
1D6+8+6 = [1]+8+6 = 15

Alice critical damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 10

Spellcraft: 1D20+24 = [1]+24 = 25
Forgot the -2 for Sickened, so it’s a 23
Spellcraft: 1D20+22 = [13]+22 = 35
Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Daxio groaned as he was struck again by one of the drow. He shifted and held out his hands, muttering the arcane words that sent a sheet of flame out to bathe the drow and their mounts.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Burning Hands. DC 20 Reflex
Spell Resistance: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19
Burning Hands fire damage: 5D4 = [2, 3, 4, 2, 3] = 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Conditions: Detect Magic (101 r), Message (1184 r), Fly (108 r)(60’), Greater Invisibility (1 r); Smoke 20% miss chance; Sickened (-2 everything)(59r)

HP: 66/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 4/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (6/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (0/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

OOC:
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], Arduniel teleports to T13 about 30' in the air +/- 1 square in any direction [roll0] leaving him in S14. From there he casts his magic missiles as described earlier.

Thank you for using Smoke tattoo, I should remember to mention it every round, not just at the begining of combat. I cannot quicken another script.

I should also mention that Arduniel feels every Transmutation and Necromancy (tattoos) spell around himself and automatically counters dispel magic targeted at him (ring of counterspells)

OOC: So did anything happen to hinder the disappearing knights? I haven't done Zyara's actions this turn as I'm waiting for that to resolve. I suppose I'll have her go rescue the folks in back.

[They're basically gone. Zyara's free to pursue the others if she so chooses. I'll grade some papers and I'll post later on. My deadline just got pulled back. Yay. :)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[[PART 1]]

DAXIO

As Daxio maneuvers against the enemies, he realizes that both knights in the front line used teleportation to leave the battlefield! By the time he notices, he may still do something about it, if he so chooses.

[@KahlessNestor, you can counter the teleport if you want. It'll count as a remaining action from your last turn. I'll resolve your action for this turn as follows.]

As fire bursts from the caster's hands, the nightmares pull back, targeting both knights and mounts! They struggle against the flames, their sets of armor blackening under the magical heat.

"Fool! Your flames only feed our hate!" - he overhears the voice of the female rider. That might be true for the knigths, but the mounts feel the pain and try to shake the riders off! Both knights manage to control their mounts, though.

[Ok, you deliver damage against both mounts, but the knights' damage reduction cuts your spell short, nullifying the damage against the riders.]

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4Exv6yQ88/edit

[Joe, as I mentioned before, both knights teleport away. There's a chance Daxio counters. Any other casters may do so as well. Given that Daxio succeeds in his roll and has message, he can send the info to anyone as soon as a free action, I'll allow anyone to counter without any further recon tests for the spell - Daxio can just inform the others of the teleport, after all. I assume only Daxio went for the shot. As it stands now, both teleport away. I'll just wait for KahlessNestor's confirmation - if he chooses to counter the teleportation or not. @MetaVoid, I've considered the other effects so far! I've mini-sheeted all effects on my notes - I'll prepare a specific window for this, so we can make the game more agile and avoid necessary corrections during battle. Also, I've updated Arduniel's position on the map. Sorry for the difficulties. As soon as finish the bulk of my work here, I'll have a 2.0 version of our information trading system. It should be way more organized and easier to roll after that! Thanks for the patience, guys! It's the first time I DM-pbf something this big. ]

@KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Kaodi @Charlotte of Oz @Neurotic @Shayuri

OOC: No worries. I'll make action based on the teleports succeeding. I have a 5-foot step.

After calling them cowards, Zyara turns around and see another knight nearby. She steps toward him (k4) and trips him. As he falls, she strikes out at him twice. Once he's down she strikes him again right in the throat and again in the forehead to finish him off.

Start with a trip attempt: 1D20+26 = [11]+26 = 37 Trip succeeds

Two AoOs with Power Attack: 1D20+22 = [1]+22 = 23 Miss
2D8+1D6+17 = [7, 7]+[3]+17 = 34
1D20+22 = [10]+22 = 32 Hit
2D8+1D6+17 = [2, 8]+[6]+17 = 33

KNIGHT 4 – 120 - 96 - 83 - 50

Two flurry attacks with Power Attack: 1D20+22 = [20]+22 = 42 Crit
2D8+1D6+17 = [5, 1]+[1]+17 = 24
1D20+22 = [8]+22 = 30 HIT
2D8+1D6+17 = [2, 5]+[4]+17 = 28

Confirm crit: 1D20+22 = [15]+22 = 37 Confirmed
2D8+1D6+17 = [3, 6]+[1]+17 = 27

KNIGHT 4 – 120 - 96 - 83 - 50 - -1 - -29 DEAD

Zyara looks up at Batknight, wiping her hands on the dead knight's clothes. "There are more of them behind us."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases