Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Charge forward, exit smoke, hit something, breathe smoke.

Free action smoke, same as speech which already happened. If they get some advantage from it, why wouldn't they do it?

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Thusly protected, Alice decided to mix it up with one of the drow, attempting to strike at the metal reins that commanded the nightmare steeds. As she did, she spoke.

"Everyone, those nightmares are most likely not willing servants! They're probably being controlled. Probably the vest, the reins, or the saddle. So let's try process of elimination..."

She advanced, and alchemically elongated arms struck forth, trying to damage the reins.

OOC:
Studying the target as a swift action; closing in as a move; attacking as a standard.

Alice attack and damage; +6 is from Studied Combat: 1D20+18+6 = [17]+18+6 = 41
1D6+8+6 = [1]+8+6 = 15

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 10

“When you find out which item is controlling the nightmares, let me know. I’m not wasting spells on a guessing game,” Daxio said. He only had a short time until his invisibility ran out. For now, though, he focused on another spell.

“You don’t want to fight us. Why don’t you fight each other to determine which of you is the best,” Daxio suggested as he finished the spell.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Mass Suggestion on Knights 1-5. Will Save DC 29
Expending Arcane point to bump DC by 2. With Potent Magic this bumps it another 2.
Spell Resistance: 1D20+16 = [20]+16 = 36
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 4/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (102 r), Message (1185 r), Fly (109 r)(60’), Greater Invisibility (2 r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (7/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (0/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Ok, so I had some overlapping actions, and I'm putting everything in order. Next we have Zyara, Batknight, Aranel and Moss. Alice rose her shield this turn. @KahlessNestor and @Charlotte of Oz, the new set of actions you guys posted is going to the next turn, ok? After finishing this one, I'll fire up Daxio's first, but I'll hold Alice's till her initiative's up. @Shayuri, I need you to give me Aranel's action, since by the time her number's up you'll have plenty of allies - namely, Zyara, Batknight and Moss - within spell range as well.]

ZYARA

[I take it you charged against rider and mount in Z-13 - both number 5? The rolls are still identified with the original markers. I'll assume you used them against the same knight, with a trip attack against the mount, an attack for the rider and two more for the mount.]

Zyara's surprising speed astonishes her foes, and before they realize she's already upon them! She throws her body against the massive figure of the central nightmare, spinning both her legs as she tries to bring the creature down... Both rider and beast make a conscious effort to avoid her, leaping over her body, but it's in vain. She throws off the mount just as if it had missed a jump, and the nightmare falls on its knees! The rider spins on the saddle, almost falling down, but manages to twist his own body, landing on his feet!

Rising from her risky move, Zyara spins on the floor as she kicks the nightmare twice, feeling the beast's ribs cracking under the pressure! The creature shakes with the pain as she rises to meet the rider. He roars, releasing the jousting lance and going for the sword with astounding speed!

"We shall set our scores now, mortal!" - he cries out, jumping forward!

[Ok, so we've got a prone mount (5) with 41 points of damage. The knight passes Soft Fall, releases the lance and quick-draws the greatsword.]

BATKNIGHT

As the hero-knight in black jumps forward, sword risen, his opponent quickly dismounts, the nightmare crumbling after Zyara's dangerous stunt! Batknight profits from the situation and charges directly, swinging his sword against the rider's chest armor! The dent he opens is enough to spill some blood, but the enemy only seems encouraged by the attempt - despite how deep the cut went!

"Our youth endures so it becomes strong, as you shall soon realize!" - he relinquishes the lance, quickly reaching for the sword!

[Ok, rider 4 takes 18 points of damage, drops lance and goes for greatsword. He is now dismounted.]

MOSS

The small dragon leaps forward, ready to fight! His mask is brought alive with ethereal energies, charging the nightmare's flesh as it attempts to petrify the creature, but it fails! The beast still stands and moves ferociously as the battle against Batknight continues!

[Ok, the creature resists and the fight goes on!]

ENEMIES

AGAINST MOSS

Ready to battle, the riders leap forward! The floor trembles as the fiery hooves scorch the land at their passage!

"Small creature, you shall feel the wrath of the Autumn Knights!" - the first one cries out as he charges against Moss! He brings down the lance, attacking the dragon from the north. As he advances, he utters a profane litany, singing as the flames on his lance increase in intensity and become even darker!

The lance plunges against Moss' chest, drawing some blood and burning with negative energy!

[Knight number 1 scores 44 (rolls 19) against Moss, delivering 22 points of damage from the lance, plus 20 from channel negative energy.]

AGAINST ARDUNIEL

His companion soon follows, charging forward towards Arduniel! The nightmare lifts up, though, charging in flight as the litany comes from his own lips!

"Cursed creature, turn and face your superior!" - he declares as he descends, lance down!
As the beast approaches, the shock of the lance is held back by the armor, but muscles and bones are still bruised under the sheer force of the blow! Death energies burn Arduniel's skin as they rise from the weapon!
[Knight number 2 scores 38 (rolls 13) against Arduniel, delivering 24 points of damage from the lance, plus 15 points from channel negative energy]

AGAINST BATKNIGHT

"Black knight! You have chosen the wrong side to defend today! But I shall sing praise of your courage... As I mourn your DEATH!" - the warrior intones the same litany uttered by his companions, a curse well-remembered by Batknight... His enemy conjures the power of death from within, so it can claim Batknight once and for all! He puts all his strength into this attack, swinging his blade twice against his foe!

His first swing crosses Batknight's chest, coming dangerously close to his neck! The second one loses momentum and bashes against his armor, doing no harm whatsoever.

"Aaaah, finally a worthy opponent!" - the knight smiles defiantly.

[Knight number 4 quick-draws his sword and does a full-round attack on Batknight. He scores a natural 20 on the first attack, confirming the critical with another 20, delivering 16 and 13 points of damage, plus 18 points of damage from channel negative energy. He scores 36 (rolls 11) on his second attack, missing it.]

AGAINST ZYARA

The dismounted warrior simply laughs as the litany rises from within the helm! Sword in hand, he jumps forward, trying to bleed Zyara with a menacing roar! His first swing cleaves the shoulder, but Zyara's speed avoids the worse. The second charge, coming upward, she manages to completely avoid by stepping back. Her shoulder still feels the cold touch of death, though, a memory of the first attack!

On her other side, the other knight intones the litany and plunges rapidly with his jousting lance! He stabs once, his lance sliding above Zyara's shoulder as she ducks! He swings the lance to force her to bend her head and strikes again, hitting her stomach! The robe tears and blood runs, but the cut does not burn as the bruise on her shoulder! His curse must have lost strength after the first strike!

[Knight number 3 swings twice. He scores 39 (rolls 16) on the first attack, delivering 10 points of damage with his sword, plus 24 points of damage from channel negative energy. He scores 25 (rolls 2) on his second attack, missing it. Knight number 5 swings twice. He scores 31 (rolls 8) on the first attack, missing the target. He attacks again, scoring 37 - (rolled 14), and does 14 points of damage on the second strike.]

AGAINST DAXIO

The two southernmost knights fight briefly against each other. The bewitched lady warrior charges against her companion, missing him. He lunges forward, barely escaping a second blow coming from her lance. He now charges against Daxio, furiously brandishing his sword!

"I do not know who's responsible for this... So I shall kill YOU ALL! Starting with you, MORTAL!"
- he charges, swinging his sword madly, as he's closely followed by his own companion!He swings bleeding Daxio's arm with a clear cut, the bruise burning with necrotic energy!

"You dog! You shall pay for humiliating my allies!" - the other knight falls over the attacker, hitting his shoulder with the jousting lance! He screams, and oddly enough his pleas seem to have some effect... Soon enough, she shakes her head, glancing at the battlefield with a confused expression. The spell has been broken, somehow!

[Knight number 7 charges against Daxio scoring a 29 (rolls a 4) delivering 11 points of damage from the sword, plus 21 points of damage from channel negative energy]

AGAINST EVERYONE

As soon as the attacks resume, the nightmares begin to spread their shadowy fumes all around! The battlefield becomes a suffocating, black area, bringing eyes to tears and lungs to despair!

[Ok, EVERYONE within 15' range of a nightmare must pass the appropriate FORT roll now - even Alice, since she's within range! Aranel, on the other hand, escapes this time! @Shayuri, don’t forget to post this round’s action for Aranel! I gotta resolve it before moving on!]

[NEXT ROUND, EVERYONE! I've got Daxio's and Alice's actions already! Please, all the others, post up! I’ll follow the same initiative order from this round, but I’ll use enemies’ initiatives to make their block go in due time, so, beware!]

MAP UPDATED
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8d4JfuERBlwxOyxyeHt2aMphSnGFqDDH64Exv6yQ88/edit

MINI-SHEETS!

AUTUMN CHAMPIONS
[SBLOCK]
The 'Round Table' of the Autumn Court, these knights are equally skilled warriors and bards. Their courtly talents are unmatched in the Underworld. Strangely, not every knight fights today....

TO HIT: +23
CBM: +17
CBD: +30
AC: 30(24/26)
HP: 120
FOR+15 REF +10 WILL +14
DAMAGE: Lance of jousting (1D8+7)(double in charge); two-handed sword (1D10+7)
SPECIAL: damage reduction - blungeoning/magic - 15; spell resistance - 13; channel negative energy (on attack) - +5D6 damage; blasphemy (3x/day); phobia (2x/day); shadowbard (1x/day)
[/SBLOCK]

NIGHTMARE
[SBLOCK]
TO HIT:+9/+4
CMB: +11
CMD: +26
AC: 22 (13/17)
HP:71
DAMAGE: 1d4+4 - bite - 1d6+2 hooves (+1d4 fire)
FOR+8 REF+7 WILL+3
SPECIAL: cloud of smoke 15 feet - skcness 1d6 minutes - FOR 16 denies (1 round duration, conceals as obscuring mist)
[/SBLOCK]

ENEMY STATUS

[SBLOCK]
KNIGHT 1 - 120
KNIGHT 2 - 120
KNIGHT 3 - 120
KNIGHT 4 – 120 - 102
KNIGHT 5 - 120
KNIGHT 6 - 120
KNIGHT 7 - 120

MOUNT 1 - 71
MOUNT 2 - 71
MOUNT 3 - 71 - 33
MOUNT 4 – 71 - 30
MOUNT 5 - 71 - 34
MOUNT 6 - 71
MOUNT 7 - 71
[/SBLOCK]
@Neurotic @Shayuri @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Charlotte of Oz @Kaodi

Last edited:

OOC: Zyara has 70 feet of movement. She moved 30 feet normal and 20 feet at half speed while tumbling and ended up at Z12 with THREE nightmare surrounding her. There was no "charging" whatsoever. That's how she got behind the lead horse. Does the channel energy require a good target? (I doubt it) Zyara is LN.

Her plan was to lock down 3 riders. She was in Z12. The nightmares she attacked was at X12. The nightmares at Z11 and Z13 must have provoked AoOs unless they used a withdraw action to move to Z10 and Z14 first. Otherwise, she get's AoOs against them? And if she gets AoOs against them, you can use the attacks in my first post for them because she will trip them on her reaction.

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[OOC: Ok, I see what you aimed for, Joe, thanks for bringing it up! The two-post thing got a bit fuzzy for me. So, let's put things in order:

1) Zyara moves to Z12 and pins 3 (Z11) , 4 (X12-Z12) and 5 (Z-13);
2) She proceeds to trip 4 (X12-Z12); as she does so, she attacks nightmare 4 twice (41 damage).
3) After that, 3 (Z11) charges, giving her an AoO (rolled and tripped). That freed Aranel, but gives another two-attack against Zyara, since the rider never left. I'll edit it in. ;)
4) Number 5 (Z13) stays on horse, trading lance for sword and attacking as rolled.
5) Number 4 (now on X11) attacks Batknight normally - after taking damage from Batknight's attack.

Also, channel negative energy is not alignment-driven in this case.

Mind helping me double-check this map?

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8d4JfuERBlwxOyxyeHt2aMphSnGFqDDH64Exv6yQ88/edit

P.S.: individual repositioning is due to Soft Fall. I didn't consider it a movement-trigger given the nature of the roll in this case. Any opinions on the matter, guys? Also, I've been placing the enemies around the horse - head or rear - always adjacent.]

Last edited:

OOC: Where is the damage to the 3 and 5? I did an AoO trip. That provoked 2 AoOs on the nightmares each as rolled in the prior post

Nightmare at X12 takes 41 hp of damage.
Nightmare at Z11 takes 37 hp of damage. She can't attack against the knight.
Nightmare at Z13 takes 38 hp of damage. She can't attack against the knight.

Kaodi

Hero
A slight misjudgment caused by his ebbing speed nearly costs Batknight dearly, but the stalwart warrior will not yield ground to his opponent. As the smoke from the nightmare seeps through the few open spaces in his helmet he coughs lightly once but suppresses any feelings of nausea. And at least for him the small amount of concealment afforded by the miasma was no hindrance to him, but perhaps would be to his foe.

Pressing the attack Batknight swings one, twice, and thrice. Unfortunately his opponent proves adept at blocking and dodging, as only his first attack finds a home beyond the drow champion's defences, and it is a somewhat glancing blow at that.

[sblock=Rolls]
Fortitude: 1D20+19 = [17]+19 = 36

_: 1D20+24 = [13]+24 = 37
1D8+12 = [1]+12 = 13
1D20+19 = [7]+19 = 26
1D8+12 = [7]+12 = 19
1D20+14 = [11]+14 = 25
1D8+12 = [8]+12 = 20

That damage roll, : \ .[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Bloody mess

Moss flaps his wings once, twice and is at the nightmares eye-level and knights close reach. But it also brings the knight and his steed into his reach. A quick flurry of poisonous bites, rending claws, slamming wings and tail later and bloody mess of something that used to be knight in armor falls lifelessly from his steed. Nightmare is only starting to turn when the tail makes the swing back to balance little body and its black head slams into beasts neck. Small hit is not enough to injure the great creature, but it definitely got its attention. But more importantly, whatever control the knight had is now broken and the beast can choose to flee the scene. Or die.

Fintir Kothar, The Demon Slayer and the great champion of Thunderscales clan has claimed another evil life and roars triumphantly.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: resist smoke with the last roll
Swift: activate bodywrap for +1 to hit and damage and ghost touch property on the bite and claws
Move: 5' step up
Full attack on the knight:
Bite vs Knight 1; damage; holy damage: 1D20+27 = [3]+27 = 30; 2D6+14 = [3, 4]+14 = 21; 2D6 = [5, 6] = 11 - MISS! if barely (mistake in the roll, 28 vs AC 30)
Knight 1 Fort DC 26 vs nauseated: 1D20+15 = [8]+15 = 23 NAUSEATED! - irrelevant, missed
Claws vs Knight 1; damage; holy damage: 1D20+25 = [17]+25 = 42; 2D6+14 = [5, 5]+14 = 24; 2D6 = [1, 4] = 5
1D20+25 = [11]+25 = 36; 2D6+14 = [3, 5]+14 = 22; 2D6 = [6, 2] = 8
2 hits - forgot damage bonus from wraps (+1 per hit)
Intimidate vs Knight 1; shred damage: 1D20+17 = [2]+17 = 19; 2D6 = [3, 6] = 9 - NOT impressed
Wings vs Knight 1; damage; holy damage: 1D20+20 = [7]+20 = 27; 2D8+9 = [6, 6]+9 = 21; 2D6 = [3, 5] = 8;
1D20+20 = [12]+20 = 32; 2D8+9 = [7, 3]+9 = 19; 2D6 = [4, 2] = 6
miss and hit
Tail vs Knight 1; damage; holy damage: 1D20+20 = [19]+20 = 39; 2D6+9 = [3, 4]+9 = 16; 2D6 = [5, 6] = 11 - hit

SUMMING UP:
Total: 30 claw +40 claw +25 wing +27 tail= 122
Knight 1 is dead
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads