PF IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt - Page 33
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 405
  1. #321
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    6,518
    The Bat grits his teeth. His foe was proving troublesome, striking above his weight, so to speak. "Whatever happens do not interfere between this one and I," he shouts to his companions.

    And then beneath his mask his eyes narrow. His voice a whisper, such that only his foe may hear him, the Bat says in his native tongue, the weight of the long years of exile upon him, "My name has gone unspoken for many years. But should you strike me down I trust you will find some inspiration - - brother!"

    As he finishes that last syllable the Batknight suddenly launches a torrent of adamant upon his foe!

    Last edited by Kaodi; Wednesday, 21st November, 2018 at 11:24 PM.

  2. #322
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,589
    "Hah, only cowards flee leaving their brethren to die. Begone cowards," Zyara says to the disappearing knights, hoping they aren't just invisible. She turns and surveys the battle to see who she should aid. (Waiting for map update.)

  3. #323
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186

  4. #324
    "My own kind?" Alice frowns, taking a moment to examine those departing a little more carefully - though she keeps up with one single attack, for appearances' sake. "You're saying you're tieflings then?"

    OOC:
    It might not necessarily be an action, but no harm in adding a little realism - so Alice spends a move on her Arcana check. Alice check for Knowledge - Arcana: 1D20+14+1D6 = [3]+14+[2] = 19


    And an attack: Alice attack & damage roll, factoring in Studied Combat: 1D20+18+6 = [20]+18+6 = 44
    1D6+8+6 = [1]+8+6 = 15

    Alice critical damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1

  5. #325
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,819
    Laholt/Alessia
    Afternoon
    Round 10

    Spellcraft: 1D20+24 = [1]+24 = 25
    Forgot the -2 for Sickened, so its a 23
    Spellcraft: 1D20+22 = [13]+22 = 35
    Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3


    Daxio groaned as he was struck again by one of the drow. He shifted and held out his hands, muttering the arcane words that sent a sheet of flame out to bathe the drow and their mounts.

    Actions and Rolls


    Ministats

    Conditions: Detect Magic (101 r), Message (1184 r), Fly (108 r)(60), Greater Invisibility (1 r); Smoke 20% miss chance; Sickened (-2 everything)(59r)

    HP: 66/122 NL: 0
    AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
    CMD: 20
    Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
    Armed: Dagger
    Arcane Reservoir: 4/15/day
    Consume Spells: 5/5/day

    Spells Prepared
    0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
    1 (6/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
    2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
    3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
    4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
    5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
    6 (0/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

    Spell Book:
    0: All
    1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
    2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
    3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
    4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
    5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
    6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion

  6. #326
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,763
    OOC:
    @Archon Basileus, Arduniel teleports to T13 about 30' in the air +/- 1 square in any direction Random - (1d8)[6] leaving him in S14. From there he casts his magic missiles as described earlier.

    Thank you for using Smoke tattoo, I should remember to mention it every round, not just at the begining of combat. I cannot quicken another script.

    I should also mention that Arduniel feels every Transmutation and Necromancy (tattoos) spell around himself and automatically counters dispel magic targeted at him (ring of counterspells)

  7. #327
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    (Thanks for the heads-up! I'll edit this post tonight as I roll Daxio's action. Sorry for the delay: we're ending our academic year overhere.)

  8. #328
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,589
    OOC: So did anything happen to hinder the disappearing knights? I haven't done Zyara's actions this turn as I'm waiting for that to resolve. I suppose I'll have her go rescue the folks in back.


    [They're basically gone. Zyara's free to pursue the others if she so chooses. I'll grade some papers and I'll post later on. My deadline just got pulled back. Yay. ]
    Last edited by Archon Basileus; Wednesday, 28th November, 2018 at 06:39 PM.

  9. #329
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    [[PART 1]]

    DAXIO


    As Daxio maneuvers against the enemies, he realizes that both knights in the front line used teleportation to leave the battlefield! By the time he notices, he may still do something about it, if he so chooses.

    [@KahlessNestor, you can counter the teleport if you want. It'll count as a remaining action from your last turn. I'll resolve your action for this turn as follows.]

    As fire bursts from the caster's hands, the nightmares pull back, targeting both knights and mounts! They struggle against the flames, their sets of armor blackening under the magical heat.

    "Fool! Your flames only feed our hate!" - he overhears the voice of the female rider. That might be true for the knigths, but the mounts feel the pain and try to shake the riders off! Both knights manage to control their mounts, though.

    [Ok, you deliver damage against both mounts, but the knights' damage reduction cuts your spell short, nullifying the damage against the riders.]


    MAP UPDATED

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4Exv6yQ88/edit

    [Joe, as I mentioned before, both knights teleport away. There's a chance Daxio counters. Any other casters may do so as well. Given that Daxio succeeds in his roll and has message, he can send the info to anyone as soon as a free action, I'll allow anyone to counter without any further recon tests for the spell - Daxio can just inform the others of the teleport, after all. I assume only Daxio went for the shot. As it stands now, both teleport away. I'll just wait for KahlessNestor's confirmation - if he chooses to counter the teleportation or not. @MetaVoid, I've considered the other effects so far! I've mini-sheeted all effects on my notes - I'll prepare a specific window for this, so we can make the game more agile and avoid necessary corrections during battle. Also, I've updated Arduniel's position on the map. Sorry for the difficulties. As soon as finish the bulk of my work here, I'll have a 2.0 version of our information trading system. It should be way more organized and easier to roll after that! Thanks for the patience, guys! It's the first time I DM-pbf something this big. ]

    @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Kaodi @Charlotte of Oz @Neurotic @Shayuri

  10. #330
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,589
    OOC: No worries. I'll make action based on the teleports succeeding. I have a 5-foot step.


    After calling them cowards, Zyara turns around and see another knight nearby. She steps toward him (k4) and trips him. As he falls, she strikes out at him twice. Once he's down she strikes him again right in the throat and again in the forehead to finish him off.

    Start with a trip attempt: 1D20+26 = [11]+26 = 37 Trip succeeds

    Two AoOs with Power Attack: 1D20+22 = [1]+22 = 23 Miss
    2D8+1D6+17 = [7, 7]+[3]+17 = 34
    1D20+22 = [10]+22 = 32 Hit
    2D8+1D6+17 = [2, 8]+[6]+17 = 33

    KNIGHT 4 120 - 96 - 83 - 50

    Two flurry attacks with Power Attack: 1D20+22 = [20]+22 = 42 Crit
    2D8+1D6+17 = [5, 1]+[1]+17 = 24
    1D20+22 = [8]+22 = 30 HIT
    2D8+1D6+17 = [2, 5]+[4]+17 = 28

    Confirm crit: 1D20+22 = [15]+22 = 37 Confirmed
    2D8+1D6+17 = [3, 6]+[1]+17 = 27

    KNIGHT 4 120 - 96 - 83 - 50 - -1 - -29 DEAD

    Zyara looks up at Batknight, wiping her hands on the dead knight's clothes. "There are more of them behind us."

Similar Threads

  1. [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN
    By Archon Basileus in forum Playing the Game
    Replies: 892
    Last Post: Tuesday, 5th February, 2019, 11:13 PM
  2. INTEREST/RECRUIT - TIDERULER - THE FALL OF LAHOLT (HIGH-LEVEL CHARS)
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: Monday, 21st January, 2019, 10:25 PM
  3. RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: Tuesday, 25th December, 2018, 09:25 PM
  4. TIDERULER - THE FALL OF LAHOLT - ROGUES' GALLERY
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Thursday, 17th May, 2018, 02:15 AM
  5. TIDERULER OF MARAN - HALL OF HEROES - PC SHEETS
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Wednesday, 15th November, 2017, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •