Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Shayuri

First Post
Aranel leans closer to the nymph and says, "I'm most impressed with your knowledge of the castle and priestess," she says. "Very few we've talked to seem to know anything at all. You must be a very clever nymph."

"Why do you think the sickness comes from there?"

The elf calmly steps out of the water and starts dressing after quickly drying himself. His face bears tattoos which is definitely uncommon for the race which praises beauty above all else. And his hair is completely white and cut short. He looks more like an old half-elf would than full-blooded elf. But there are no traces of age. The eyes are haunted, but he looks at the group openly. He even poses somewhat as he dresses, it is just not clear by his position if it is for Aranel or Daxio.

"So, have you discovered anything else or you'll follow me to the castle?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Ah, the games of politics,” Daxio said with a long-suffering sigh as he draped his arm around the beautiful nymph. “And Gallena is at this castle? Did she have any other problems with Allanor? Why were they at odds?”

Another elf emerged from the water and introduced himself as another person investigating the curse.

“It seems we are gathering quite a party,” Daxio commented. He took note of the posing and a moment to appreciate it.

Religion check on Demetria: Religion: 1D20+24 = [3]+24 = 27

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
The nymph follows through, now attempting to answer all questions about the castle. The other two seem to hold her in contempt for all the attention she suddenly receives - particularly after Aranel's compliments.

"I think no one speaks of it because in a way everyone benefits from her blessings" - she continues, with a proud tone to her juvenile voice. "Anyway, every time someone was affected, one of her apprentices would be found skulking around... Enough to raise suspitions, isn't it?" - she concludes, with a proud tone.

"Did you ever consider that they might be trying to help?" - another nymph interrupts. "They are healers, after all!"

"And not very capable ones, I'd say" - the accuser continues. "None of them has been healed so far, as everyone knows, and they haven't been able to make a single solid remark on what's going on... Not a common misstep for a century-old healer. Besides, the castle benefits largely from what's been happening... Now everyone has to seek out their help, no matter how innefective it is. Ever since this whole thing started, many a local decided to look for their guidance. I shouldn't have to remind you."

"As for Allanor, I only know he's been inclined to mingle with humans for a while... He's not the confrontational sort of elf... The priestess is..."

"A purist" - the slent nymph speaks out. "She resents the very proximity of humans." - she glances at both Daxio and the monk, a sorrowful expression upon her face.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Ah, alas. Perhaps this priestess just hasn’t met the right human,” Daxio said with a grin. “She hasn’t met me yet, after all.” He gave the nymphs a wink. “Is there a proper way to secure an audience with Gallena?” he asked. “I would hope she would not turn down assistance in this problem, even if it is from a human.” He looked to the others. “And his companions.”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility

Spell Book:
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Ah, alas. Perhaps this priestess just hasn’t met the right human,” Daxio said with a grin. “She hasn’t met me yet, after all.” He gave the nymphs a wink. “Is there a proper way to secure an audience with Gallena?” he asked. “I would hope she would not turn down assistance in this problem, even if it is from a human.” He looked to the others. “And his companions.”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Fort: 10Ref: 10Will: 13

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Spell Book:
[/sblock]
"Well, we can put you in chains..." - says the wicked nymph, glancing at the elf that suddenly appeared from the waters as if asking for his permission.

"I'm sure she already knows there are strangers in the city. They were bound to run into apprentice or three on the way here. She may not like it, but she cannot do anything about it. She may be uncooperative. But think about it this way. Best scenario: she is the originator of the wasting and will expose herself when new people catch it. Worst scenario: she doesn't do anything except ignore the humans."

The elf finishes dressing up and calls his runed staff "Bijesu!" which obediently floats to his hand. He looks at each new arriva, judging their character. He heard of some of them and mere fact they are here at Goliaths request means they are powerful. Probably bedecked in magic too. But he's not about to check in so crass manner as to ask the items to reveal their power.

He nods to each, sparing small smile for each of them.

"If you like playing bondage, I'm up for it. Aranel obviously wouldn't need anything like that. But it is true it would be easier with humans bound and muzzled."
Is that just a hint of coolness toward upstart race? Or a joke keeping with light banter?

[roll0]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Chains. Kinky and exciting,” Daxio said with a grin and wink. “Though bound and gagged would take some of the fun out of it. Can we not just go and request an audience?”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Spell Book:
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
The suggestive nymph answers Daxio with a sly, fascinated smile, as if she didn't quite expect such boldness from a mortal.

"She might be willing to listen if you send Aranel and the woman ahead." - another nymph says. "Aside from her sense of community around other elves, she holds you monks on high regard" - she glances at Zyara. "Besides, she might be inclined to listen, since you are here to help... Why would anyone hold it against you?" - she turns to the rest, with an obvious mocking tone to her voice.

"I'm sure our own male friend here would be glad to take you, if you are so inclined..." - says the last of the nymphs. "But I's still be mindful of my actions... You never know what you're getting into." - she smiles, and it's hard to tell if she banters, helps or threatens with her words.

[Ok, as far as Moss' perception, it is mostly up to @Neurotic to decide if he reveals himself or if he hides. If the latter, I'd need a stealth roll. :)]

@Neurotic @Charlotte of Oz @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

Remove ads