FFG Announce Realms of Terrinoth for Genesys

Fantasy Flight Games have announced Realms of Terrinoth, a new sourcebook for their Genesys Roleplaying System. Realms of Terrinoth is a fantasy campaign setting that explores the world of Mennara. Mennara has featured in a variety of FFG board and miniature games in the past, such as Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Runebound, Runewars Miniatures Game, and the recently released Legacy of Dragonholt.

Terrinoth is a land of forgotten greatness and lost legacies. Once ruled by the Elder Kings who called upon mighty magics to perform great deeds and work marvels, the land has suffered greatly at the hands of its three great foes: the undead army of Walqar the Betrayer, the demon-possessed hordes of the bloodthirsty Uthuk Y’llan, and the terrifying dragons of the Molten Heath. Many of its great cities have been cast down into ruins, and many wondrous secrets and power artifacts have been lost.

For hundreds of years, Terrinoth slipped into gloom and decay. But heroes arise just when their lands need them the most. Courageous adventurers brave the ruins of past ages and the foul creatures within to uncover the treasures of their ancestors. The Daqan Barons, inheritors of the ancient kingdoms, rebuild their walls and muster their armies, while the wizards of Greyhaven gather runes of power to awaken guardians of stone and steel. These preparations come none too soon, for the ancient enemies of the lawful races are stirring again, and Terrinoth needs champions of courage and cunning to stand against the rising darkness.

The Realms of Terrinoth book is divided into three sections. The first part looks at the history of the world of Mennara. Part two introduces new and expanded mechanics for the Genesys system, including expanding character archetypes and careers from those found in the Genesys Core Rulebook, along with new races, rules, gear, weapons, magic, skills, talents and more. The third part of the book takes you on a tour of Mennara. Terrinoth is one land of many, and this section gives individual entries for the areas, including a list of notable NPCs found in each.

You can find out more about the Realms of Terrinoth on the FFG website.

Weird Dave

Adventurer
Publisher
I'm not super interested in the Genesys system, but I've been looking forward to a Terrinoth setting book since Runebound! Definitely looking at getting this one and seeing what I can do to hack a 5E campaign out of it.

Malovech

Explorer
It boggles my mind that FFG is doubling down on their narrative dice system, it must make them $ but I just don't understand how anyone can like it.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I think many of us suspected this to be the next logical step when Genesys was first announced, and I am glad to see it is actually happening. Terrinoth is long overdue for a proper sourcebook, but this product is more than just a setting for that particular IP. It is a toolbox to help anyone to develop their own unique fantasy campaign and provide an example of an existing one ready to use. I am certain we will likely see similar sourcebooks in the future using established IPs owned by FFG to showcase the other genres mentioned in the core book. I see nothing but positive things to come ahead from this outstanding system, though I am still deeply entrenched with my beloved Star Wars games.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases