Questions My Group Has

Fortuitous

Explorer
My group has been playing WOIN now - specifically OLD - for two weeks now. We've run into a handful of questions. I figured I'd make a list and see if we couldn't get some answers before next session.

1) When using an ability that grants multiple attacks (such as the archer's rapid shot) do exploits (such as deadly strike) apply to both attacks or just one?

2) The weapons seem to be rather inconsistent. Is this just a simple matter of not enough passes through editing, is it intentional? Some things I noticed just to give examples. The bo staff does more damage than the quarterstaff while also having both double and reach, despite being functionally the same weapon (a roughly eye level stick of wood), the sickle is described as a small one-handed scythe, but is actually two-handed while the scythe is one-handed, there are two weapons called the broad axe, and then the longsword, claymore and flamberge all are technically one-handed despite being described as two-handed. Is there a rhyme and reason here that my group isn't seeing, or is it simply a matter of an understandably exhausted editor not catching some details on some tables?

3) We can't seem to find any rules on how AoE works. Is it a single attack roll opposed by all the defenses individually of the creatures targeted? With things like evocation magic, is there any form of a half damage clause, or is it all or nothing?

4) Is travel, as per the wilderness travel rules, considered a group check for the purposes of the bastard origin's exploit (+1d6 on group checks)?

I think for the time being that's all we have. So far the system is a blast! Really loving the character creation especially, it's helped some of the people in the group make more fleshed out characters just as a natural by product.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
1. The exploit would specify; in the case of Deadly Strike, it's just one successful hit.

2a. A bo is better than a quarterstaff, yes.
2b. There isn't a one-handed or two-handed trait in the book; it's determined by your size relative to the weapon.
2c. Yeah, there's an woodcutter version and there's the polearm version.
2d. See 2b.

3. One attack roll applied to each, yes. All or nothing (less SOAK). Note that in NEW v1.2 there is another DEFENSE called VITAL DEFENSE for area attacks (and poisons/diseases), and this will appear in OLD v1.2 eventually.

4. Sure.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases