D&D 5E Mearls' "Firing" tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
While we’re discussing grammar and pronunciation...in this thread (?!).??

It’s “PRAH-leen” not “PRAY-leen”!!!!

JonnyP71

Explorer
.... all these US English speakers discussing correct grammar, spelling and pronunciation....

it makes me chuckle.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I would generally agree. The whole their/there/they're issue is a question of sloppily writing the wrong homophone. My freakin' auto-correct does that on me.

I also find myself hearing the word in my head and then having to remember the correct spelling in the context. :)

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I also find myself hearing the word in my head and then having to remember the correct spelling in the context. :)

Eventually, they'll merge into one spelling as people keep confusing them. Honestly, English could do with a huge spelling reform because much of it is not spell phonetically and is simply hanger's-on from prior versions of the language.

You New Englander's, so titled or not!, crack me up. One of your states is like the size of a single county out west.

Just for fun I used www.thetruesize.com to put all six of your "states" into California. Lots of room left over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-28-19 at 12.51 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-28-19 at 12.51 PM.PNG
    183.1 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
You New Englander's, so titled or not!, crack me up. One of your states is like the size of a single county out west.

Just for fun I used www.thetruesize.com to put all six of your "states" into California. Lots of room left over.
You left out 2 New England states.

Connecticut and Rhode Island are huge. I'm sure they'd fill in the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads