Tiny Frontiers Means Big Science Fiction Fun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Form View Post
    I wasn't hired. It was volunteer work. I don't have an official degree in editing or anything...I'm just proficient with punctuation and grammar and can spot errors fairly easily.
    Ah, gotcha....still odd he ignored edits. I am assuming he requested the edits and they weren't unsolicited. It's usually best to offer editing assistance before actually providing any service, as unsolicited edits are usually not taken seriously. Never give it away! Decent editing commands a price.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

That's not at all what I said. I offered to James to edit his manuscript, since the first version of the PDF was rife with errors. He accepted my offer. My only "payment" is my name in the credits as a proofer/editor. (This was per my request. I mentioned that, if he was so inclined, a dead tree version of the completed project wouldn't be turned away.)

So yes, I did offer the assistance and yes it was accepted. I gave him a few pages, he said he'd integrate them. I wrote a few days later saying I had another chapter that needed some looking over, and was he ready? I got no reply that he was. Ce la vie.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Form View Post
    That's not at all what I said. I offered to James to edit his manuscript, since the first version of the PDF was rife with errors. He accepted my offer. My only "payment" is my name in the credits as a proofer/editor. (This was per my request. I mentioned that, if he was so inclined, a dead tree version of the completed project wouldn't be turned away.)

So yes, I did offer the assistance and yes it was accepted. I gave him a few pages, he said he'd integrate them. I wrote a few days later saying I had another chapter that needed some looking over, and was he ready? I got no reply that he was. Ce la vie.
    Interesting....thanks for the details.