Thoughts on evolving exploits

ASILiara

First Post
While I was working on a Mass Effect conversion for Shadowrun, specifically with biotic stuff, it got me thinking about how to implement a similar kind of leveling system for exploits and stuff. Now, obviously, a system like that wouldn't work with all exploits, but it could be very useful as an upgraded version of some psi stuff, among other things. A system like that would be undoubtedly awesome, but at the same time, it'd come with a few caveats that might need addressing. For instance, how does one cleanly denote an upgradeable exploit vs. a non-upgradeable one? How does one handle XP costs for this, too?

If you need any assistance visualising what I'm trying to say, look at Mass Effect 2 or Mass Effect 3's power stuff. Failing that, I could mock up a neat little table.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The mutations in Action Careers are exploits with three levels each. I think the concept works pretty well, and will likely do more of that stuff in future.

ASILiara

First Post
Oh, right, yeah, mutations are a thing.

At any rate, this is something I put together using the idea to demonstrate my concept, and also using my obsession with pretty tables.
20b5390518.png
This replaces Mind Shield, Shield Other, and Mental Fortress with one levelable exploit.

Remove ads