Miniature Display and Storage

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
How does everyone store/display your miniatures?

Ideally, I would display large pieces (like dragons) and the ones I've painted, and just store the large batches of bulk minis (like the pre-painted D&D minis I collected when the D&D Minis game was a thing). Ease of accessibility is a plus, so I can just grab what I need when I need it, rather than having to pull everything I think I might need prior to a session.

Odysseus

Explorer
Bigger minis and most used ones, i keep on bookshelves. I used to have lots of fantasy books, but more and more I use my kindle. So I re-purpose the shelves for Minis. Plus I have three toolkit boxs for the rest.

pogre

Legend
I use a cabinet with glass doors near my gaming table. I put in glass shelves. It is stuffed to the gills and I have some of the IKEA glass display cases for bigger miniatures.

I got a nice dishes cabinet with three cupboards, the top being glass for displaying painted metal miniatures. And I have some nearby shelving for gargantuan type minis.

For storing prepainted minis (and smaller Bones) I use Plano tackle box trays. I give each tray a theme and stuff full of minis.

pogre

Legend
dogoftheunderworld gave me the idea to scour my old thread for pictures of my main minis cabinet. The picture is 15 years old - the cabinet is the same, but there is zero space in it atm.
mt32_gaming_room_main_cabinet_02.jpg

Cergorach

The Laughing One
For mass storage I use KR Multicase carton boxes with blue foam. You can store massive amounts of miniatures in a standard method without spending the large amount of money on aluminum cases...
https://www.krmulticase.com/

They have some nice options to transport multiple cases. From 1-4 in a backpack, 1-4 in a bag or even 6 in an aluminum case on wheels.

I have around 50 of them, I'll be getting more ;-)

Last edited:

When I started collecting and painting figures I stored them in Chessex boxes. Very safe and secure. I would label each box by content theme. However, as figures became more dynamic, they didn't always fit so well.

Later, I got more figures and the pre-painted figures started to come out I switched to plastic cabinets. I could buy and add them I needed the space. Tiny, Small, Medium and most Large fit into these. These worked well even with the 28mm scaled figures I painted.

I bought bigger dresser draw sized cabinents for the huges.

Now, the bigger large figures join my garg and col figures that sit on shelves overlooking players and play field.... waiting fot their turn.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases