WOIN Hero Forge for N.E.W. Miniatures

Herosmith14

First Post
There's that single central row of "datajacks", but I couldn't find anything that looks like the full Borian head spikes.

I'm not actually familiar with N.E.W., but I just rechecked, they should be in horns, all though they might be part of a specific genre, if your not using All.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A Felan Assassin!

HeroForgeScreenshot.pngHeroForgeScreenshot copy.pngHeroForgeScreenshot copy 2.png

daniiren

Explorer
I haven't ordered anything from HeroForge yet (but have made a number of models with it), but from what I've heard they can be somewhat fragile. This can be solved by pinning models back together, but if you haven't had to do that before it's a bit daunting the first few times, especially for important models like PCs. I've spent many years fixing my Warhammer minis, so fragile models are a way of life (as is painting them).

ccs

41st lv DM
My attempt at a female Borian mechanic. Can't get the head spikes, sadly, unless I'm missing something. Came to $19.99 in plastic, though I haven't bought it.

Several of us in my groups have minis made through HF.
Do not spend $ on the cheaper white plastic. You'll get a white mini that's kinda rough & grainy looking. (this is not Hero Forges fault & shouldn't be held against them) Paint may/may not help - depending upon your painting skills. But if you don't paint it you'll definitely have a crappy looking expensive model.

The clear plastic is ok - but it's really hard to see the fine detail if left unpainted.

The more expensive black plastic is great for detail.
Though I highly recommend at least priming or dry brushing it a light grey or such - because completely black 30mm figures don't show off that detail when seen at normal gaming table ranges. If all you want is a little black lump of plastic buy a Bones figure & paint it back for a fraction of the cost....
It IS a bit brittle. Especially fragile will be the finer details - like 1/2ling ankles, staves, etc.
For transport? I put a tiny magnet on the bottom of my 1/2lings base & another on the black cap of a Chessex dice cube. Keeps Bree nice & safe going to/from the shop.

Everyone in my group who's invested in the high detail plastic is happy with their mini.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases