Taking A Look At The "New" POD Versions of Star Frontiers And The D&D Rules Cyclopedia - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guide (Lvl 11)

Quote Originally Posted by StarFrontiers View Post
    The cover of the Star Frontiers book is actually an exact replica of the cover of one of the 3 versions of the boxed set. It actually wasn't laid out differently at all.
    Not in the copy I have, which is why I made my comment.

I got the POD hardcover of Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn, the other Star Frontiers book (Knight Hawks) is also available in print on demand as is one or two of the adventures. I love the quality of it, to be honest, I was really surprised with the quality of the product.

I bought both as pdf and POD. My print copy of Rules Cyclopedia has sections that are so blurry that they are almost unusable. They actually give me a headache if I try and read more than a paragraph or two at a time. The problem doesn't seem to be an issue in the pdf, so I am working with them to try and get the issue resolved. They have been good in the past, so I have faith the issue will be resolved.

I was glad to have a new copy of the RC so I don't have to wear mine out even more taking it to a gaming table or using it for conversions. The SF is new to me. I never got a chance to play it years ago, so maybe I can get it at a table sometime in the near future.

Fair enough. I thought there was a problem with the Knight Hawks cover too (I have the hardbacks) until I noticed that there were different box covers. I happen to have one of each of both of those. My Alpha Dawn box looks just like the cover they used on the books (I have the original non-pink one as well).

Novice (Lvl 1)

I think there was several editions of Star Frontiers, which is why it looks different to some people, I have the 1980 purple box set and Alpha Dawn isn't referanced once on it, I'm more interested in weither or not it cames with the 'Crash on Volturnius' module?

This is an example of the edition I have https://goo.gl/images/GSnvES

Here's an example of the later edition https://goo.gl/images/NQnPPz
    Last edited by Darren Richardson; Thursday, 8th March, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    I think there was several editions of Star Frontiers, which is why it looks different to some people, I have the 1980 purple box set and Alpha Dawn isn't referanced once on it, I'm more interested in weither or not it cames with the 'Crash on Volturnius' module?

This is an example of the edition I have https://goo.gl/images/GSnvES

Here's an example of the later edition https://goo.gl/images/NQnPPz

Yes the module Crash on Volturnius is included.

As vpuigdoller said, yep, it comes with Crash On Volturnus. That module, the basic and expanded rules, and if you feel like cutting up the book there are also counters and a few colour maps.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Quote Originally Posted by closterphobia View Post
    As vpuigdoller said, yep, it comes with Crash On Volturnus. That module, the basic and expanded rules, and if you feel like cutting up the book there are also counters and a few colour maps.
    Or just buy the PDF as well, and print them out onto some cardstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Helton View Post
    Or just buy the PDF as well, and print them out onto some cardstock.
    Yep, the way to go for sure. Our GM had the PDFs before we had the books, so he was able to get decent maps printed out before-hand.

Guide (Lvl 11)

I've had the Rules Cyclopedia PDFs for forever. I picked up a bundle of them and Gazeteers on a special a year or so ago.
    Laugh Hussar laughed with this post