The Monetization of D&D Play

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I might have missed it, but after poking through the thread again I don't think anyone has advocated that DM's should charge money even if they want to continue offering their services for free.

Then poke again because advocating for paying DM's, even ones that are your friends is a huge part of this thread.

Iry

Hero
Then poke again because advocating for paying DM's, even ones that are your friends is a huge part of this thread.
I spent an hour and couldn't find anything. The biggest arguments seem to be "DM'ing for money is not a bad thing" which was my own argument, and a few people have been arguing that "$5 is really low, they should be paid more." Nothing about forcing free DM's to charge money.

Do you have some specific posts in mind?

FrogReaver

I spent an hour and couldn't find anything. The biggest arguments seem to be "DM'ing for money is not a bad thing" which was my own argument, and a few people have been arguing that "$5 is really low, they should be paid more." Nothing about forcing free DM's to charge money.

Do you have some specific posts in mind?

Yes but its not worth it for me to go back through 160 posts to dig them up.

Yes but its not worth it for me to go back through 160 posts to dig them up.
So in other words your not willing to support your words.

I think you think that a major portion of this thread is about friends paying friends. But I think that many people don't have the same impression of this thread as you do.

FrogReaver

So in other words your not willing to support your words.

I think you think that a major portion of this thread is about friends paying friends. But I think that many people don't have the same impression of this thread as you do.

Then ask them their impression.

FrogReaver

[MENTION=6804070]LordEntrails[/MENTION]

I got bored.

Man, don't you see, this is exactly the problem. If you have a buddy willing to DM, why not support the poor guy now that he's investing so much time and money, and all you do is show up with your character on a sweat-stained sheet without knowing any of your own spells. That the DM enjoys preparing (which is true) is a weak argument against not helping him out in any way. Players are entitled and lazy.

jasper

Rotten DM
Because D&D is a game amongst friends and any friend at any time can pick up some slack and DM if needed. We don't monetize our friendships. We do sometimes offer tokens of gratitude though.
lol lol lol lol lol
You missed the fact this about paying for tables at the store. And the dm getting paid for dming generally Adventure League games. I have dmed for some asshats at my local game store which I would never call friends.
Two who I would disinvited if we had a grill out at my house for the local game group.

FrogReaver

lol lol lol lol lol
You missed the fact this about paying for tables at the store. And the dm getting paid for dming generally Adventure League games. I have dmed for some asshats at my local game store which I would never call friends.
Two who I would disinvited if we had a grill out at my house for the local game group.

Except that's never been the sole scope of what was being doscussed

jasper

Rotten DM
Except that's never been the sole scope of what was being doscussed
You found ONE post from DRF about paying your buddy who dms. So I think most of the posting is about paying dms who are not friends. The exception does not prove the rule unless said exception is in the original poster. Aka the first post.

FrogReaver

You found ONE post from DRF about paying your buddy who dms. So I think most of the posting is about paying dms who are not friends. The exception does not prove the rule unless said exception is in the original poster. Aka the first post.

Typical. No matter how much evidence I would cite it would not be enough.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases