Thread necromancy

ccs

41st lv DM
So what's with all these "Do you ______" threads from 2006 being dug up?

Is it possible to set some limit where a thread will just be auto-locked? That way you can dig it up & read it if you like, even link to it if its somehow relevant. But you can't reply.

Honestly it bugs me. If a post is a few years old, then start a new one.

Dont know why but it irks me reviving old threads. Id like it if we could lock out threads that have been inactive for a while

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We don’t have a rule about replying to old threads. I don’t see any harm in it myself.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Is it possible to set some limit where a thread will just be auto-locked? That way you can dig it up & read it if you like, even link to it if its somehow relevant. But you can't reply.

I asked in the Meta forum if there can be a way to highlight that a thread is old for this reason, but I wouldn't want to lock it. For example we have character guides that were started when 5e came out and still have active discussion.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We don’t have a rule about replying to old threads. I don’t see any harm in it myself.

Plus, some Old Ones lie moribund and forgotten...but when revived, show that they have continued relevance. Like the one about The Forest Oracle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases