D&D General Who would you cast as Drizz't? (Tiger Shroff Bollywood martial artist)

Considering what the black actors did in Black Panther, both with and without stunt doubles, any of those actors would be good for a black character like Drizz't. I just do not think they can do a positive job with Drizz't, or any Drow, with their skin being so unnaturally black. Just look at the cover for MToF and how dark they kept the skin of the Drow. Motion capture and CGI may be how they would have to go instead of a traditional actor just to avoid controversy.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I would agree, that Drow skin is a black not found in natural skin colours and also D&D elves are much more slender then the human norm. There is a lot to be said for going the CGI route.
I really do wonder if a black skinned matriarchal evil race is marketable?

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
During my time on ENWorld, I think I've seen an apostrophe appear in every possible location in "Drizzt."

For the record, it's "Drizzt." No apostrophe. Just "Drizzt." Thank you. :D

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
On the other hand, you could work the inevitable social-consciousness-based uproar into the marketing scheme.
We might find out if "any publicity is good publicity".

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Disney animation characters tend to look like the actors who provide their voice (see Robin Williams and his Genie in Aladdin for an example.) The CGI people could put famous faces into CGI bodies, so we could get almost anybody in a Drow role.

For that matter, we could hire Olympic Fencing medalists to provide the movement data for the (inevitable) swordfight sequences.

ccs

41st lv DM
I would agree, that Drow skin is a black not found in natural skin colours and also D&D elves are much more slender then the human norm. There is a lot to be said for going the CGI route.

R.A. Salvatore seems to have made a tidy profit....

ccs

41st lv DM
On the other hand, you could work the inevitable social-consciousness-based uproar into the marketing scheme.
We might find out if "any publicity is good publicity".

Not that the wailing & gnashing of teeth wouldn't be a great show in & of itself (& probably better than the movie), but HOW would you possibly do that?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
HOW would you possibly do that?
Somebody with a better grasp of human psychology than I, and probably LN or LE aligned, would be better able to answer that. I can see and predict the rough outlines of the reaction, but I don't know how to manipulate it to achieve a desired end.

(If I were able to manipulate a bunch of self-righteous moralistic people who berate everybody around them and "all society" for imagined moral failings, I would desire that they stay home and be quiet, myself.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases