Do you practice Thread Necromancy?

Do you practice Thread Necromancy?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No (But sometimes yes!)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • I don't answer polls until after the thread is dead. (Still a yes!)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • There is no such thing as Forum Magic! (Yes, but I'm in denial.)

Votes: 1 4.5%

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Due to the recent surge of threads revived through the dark arts as hollow, lifeless discussions of their former glory, I'm curious to find out who practices this foulest of forum magics and spark an "un-lively" discussion of the pros and cons of such activities.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
No.
But now & then I accidently respond to a thread someone else has dug up.

The same - I don't go looking for dead threads, but if someone else reanimates it I may interact unknowing.

I put a feature request in the Meta forum to indicate very old threads. Icon, red date stamp, whatever. Just to help avoiding propagating necro'd threads. I wouldn't want to hide them, there's a lot of useful old threads like guides and such.

Celebrim

Legend
Occasionally my ego gets the better of me. If someone ask for advice regarding their campaign, and I give them something and then later uncover the thread, I may resurrect it to find out how it worked out.

But in the long run, most topics will reincarnate in new forms. There is no need to dig up anything dripping and putrid or dry and stale. Wait a while; the wheel turns and every old topic will be new again.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I don't go and dig 'em up but if a dug-up thread has some interesting discussion potential I'll reply to it as if it was new.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases