Kris' all new miniature thread

Kris

Adventurer
Inspired by Pogre's new thread for 2018, I've decided to do something similar, and post pics of all the mini's I manage to get painted throughout the year :)

So, here's a group shot of what I've got done so far...

undead_paint.jpg

...which I've painted in preparation for a series of undead adventures/encounters I've been planning :)

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Just to be clear, I am totally stealing that crawling hand idea. That has to be the scariest 10 xp monster in the game!

Kris

Adventurer
Just to be clear, I am totally stealing that crawling hand idea. That has to be the scariest 10 xp monster in the game!

Yeah, if you hadn't already spotted it, it's just this accessory from GW's zombie sprue (note I didn't use that particular website ...I just got half a dozen of them from ebay).

Kris

Adventurer
[MENTION=3745]Kris[/MENTION] Fantastic crawling claws! How'd you get the bone sticking out of the arm... ...was it a custom job?

It actually came like that (all I've done is glued it to a small mdf base). However, I don't think it's an arm that you'd use on one of the miniatures - but rather an accessory piece that you might use for banners or bases or so on.

Kris

Adventurer
And, of course, as soon as I posted the above image I realised that I hadn't finished the bases - so here's a picture of a few of them now that they ARE finished, and also a couple of 'reaper bones' that I've just finished:

minis2.jpg

Last edited:

Kris

Adventurer
I've managed to get a couple more reaper bones mini's finished this week...

minis3a.jpg

...and a slightly better angle for the minotaur:

minis3b.jpg

And yeah, I should have probably painted the horns and hooves a darker colour - but I was in a bit of a rush to get him done for this week's game :)

Last edited:

Kris

Adventurer
I made some of them - but some are part of the mini's integral base. For example...

minis5.jpg

...on these undead wolves I've just trimmed off as much of the base as I can, glued them to mdf bases (blending the edges in with some greenstuff), and then used any leftover greenstuff to quickly sculpt the rocks. However, when a 'bones' mini comes with rocks already on it's base (like the stone the skeleton knight is standing on) I'll generally just add in a few extra (or expand upon what's already there) so that the rest of the base doesn't look so empty.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases