Kris' all new miniature thread

Kris

Adventurer
I've finally managed to get a bit of painting done:

3adv.jpg

These are three more reaper bones ...and this is the first time I've used the paints from my Army Painter 'mega paint set' (which I bought last year) ...as I wanted to test them out* before the Bones 4 kickstarter arrives in the not too distant future.

And if anyone is interested in my opinion on the paints, I think they do the job well enough ...though I have to say, they are a bit of a pain to use (i.e. you really need to shake/mix them a hell of a lot before use).

*as I'd only used (and liked) their washes and metallics prior to this.

Last edited:

Kris

Adventurer
Yeah, I've been looking at 'nail varnish shakers' and the like.

It's just a bit annoying that what looked like a good deal (price wise) is going to end up being more expensive than I thought ...I mean I've already bought stainless steel ball bearings (i.e. agitators) for each pot ...and now I'm probably gonna have to get a paint shaker too. None of my other paints have ever been this much trouble to work with ...so, as I say, it's just a bit annoying (first world problems and all that ;) ).

pogre

Legend
I use their washes but I only have two of their paints, a black and a white, and haven't had any issues. But 2 minutes on the shaker gets em flowing usually. These days I find the best luck with Vallejo. I used to buy a lot of reaper but their caps bust very easily and they seemed to clog up quick.

Here is my shaker https://robart.com/collections/hobby-tools-paint-shakers/products/hobby-paint-shaker-electric-100-240v

That's the same one I use. Purchased mine in the late 80s and it is still running strong. BTW - the design has not changed a bit.

khouji

First Post
I've finally managed to get a bit of painting done:

3adv.jpg

These are three more reaper bones ...and this is the first time I've used the paints from my Army Painter 'mega paint set' (which I bought last year) ...as I wanted to test them out* before the Bones 4 kickstarter arrives in the not too distant future.

And if anyone is interested in my opinion on the paints, I think they do the job well enough ...though I have to say, they are a bit of a pain to use (i.e. you really need to shake/mix them a hell of a lot before use).

*as I'd only used (and liked) their washes and metallics prior to this.

I love your game. :)

Kris

Adventurer
I GOT SOME MINI'S PAINTED
(sorry ...it really is something to shout about ;) )

20ZTucY.jpg

Just a quick paint job on these ...now I need to stat them up :)

(note that the guy on the left is from Ral Partha Europe, and the guy on the right is from Midlam Miniatures)

Last edited:

WolfhillRPG

Explorer
Very impressive painting, and an even more impressive use of cardboard. I've made cubes, jellies, and puddings with a hot glue gun, but this puts my creativity to shame. Keep it up!

Kris

Adventurer
Very impressive painting, and an even more impressive use of cardboard.

Thanks!

And yeah, I probably do spend way too much time on the papercraft(ish) terrain (which is why my mini's painting is suffering) ...and as an example, here's what I built in some of my recent videos:

2tBILk8.jpg

[video=youtube_share;oRkgDTyJTtY]https://youtu.be/oRkgDTyJTtY[/video]

Remove ads