New Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
How far back is Solo supposed to be set?

Since the canon is that Chewie is 200 years old in Episode 4, and in one of the trailers for Solo he says he is 190 years old, I would say 10 years before Episode 4.

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
Now that the trailers are showing the general shape of the plot -- i.e. it's a classic heist movie -- I'm feeling pretty good about it. Glover looks like he'll totally own the role of young Lando Calrissian and, therefore, steal the show.

Unless, of course, there's an unreported cameo with the actor who plays Darius on Atlanta playing a Jedi, in which case *he'll* steal the show.

"May the Force be with you. Stay woke."

Rabulias

One thing I’m worried about is that this film looks like it may show that every significant element of Han Solo’s backstory - becoming a criminal, meeting Chewie, meeting Lando, getting his blaster, getting the Falcon, being betrayed and becoming cynical, doing the Kessler Run - all happened simultaneously within the space of one adventure rather than as events spread over a rich personal history. It rather diminishes it all if everything Solo is happened within the space of a week ten years ago. If it transpires he first met Jabba and/or Boba Fett in that week too...

If Fett shows up, we may also see him disintegrate one or more folks...

Rabulias

Where does that come from?

Just about everywhere from the day Star Wars came out in 1977. I remember all the articles, books, trading cards, comics, games, etc., all describing Chewbacca as a "200 year old Wookiee," though it looks like that is no longer official Disney-era canon. While his Wikipedia entry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca) still includes this, Chewie's entry at the official https://www.starwars.com/databank/chewbacca does not mention his age.

Last edited:

Remove ads