Magic item crafting on the go?

Larcen

Explorer
My cleric currently has no magic item creation feats. He just levelled and now gets another feat. I would really like to get either Scribe Scroll, or Craft wand, or Craft Wonderous Items.

However, our current campaign has us on the move for long periods of time. I asked my DM and he said we will probably continue to be on the road for a long time yet.

Based on my situation which feat do you recommend?
Is there any conceivable way to craft stuff on the road?
Has anyone come up with some kind of work-around for the problem?
How about extra-stable (magic) covered wagons or something?
How about long duration extra-dimensional spaces?

If I get creative enough and sell it to my DM he may allow a scroll scribing on the road at least, I think. Maybe.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shallown

First Post
Scribe scroll is a great feat for clerics. A lot of cleric spells you might not want to pray for but are priceless in the right situation. Remove disease and restorations, nuetralize poison etc.

Scribing takes 8 hours and can be done anywhere quiet, comfortable and well lit, I think it says. I would think you could do it on the road and just cut into the road time. Maybe if you made sure you had bought aportable desk and oil lamp etc to make sure you are comfortable.

I would allow it as GMif I was limiting your off time. In my own game I am finally getting to a slow down rest spot for my players. I plan to let them have 2-3 months free time with enough money to buy/build what they want. I felt bad Ihadn't gotten to it earlier but between the plot and the characters they haven't had the time.

As long as you are up front with the GM on what you want they can choose to agree or not before you pick up a feat.

Later

Remove ads