D&D 5E Dice Camera Action intro video for next season, insight to the next hardback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Graves

First Post
Really not wanting to get dragged into a “debate”. Is there a culture of sexual harassment/assault against men? No. Is there against women? Yes. The pushback is part of an effort to change the culture. End of story.

A "culture of sexual harassment/assault" You realize even the men in prison know rape is wrong and men put into prison for rape are the lowest turds in prison. They get zero respect and are quite often treated quite horribly by the other prisoners. Men who have killed people see rapists as a lower form of life. That's why its so very important to not falsely imprison a man for rape because he will find himself in a special kind of hell.

How many innocent men are you willing to send to prison and ruin their lives in order to insure no real rapist goes unpunished? Ten? Twenty? A Thousand? A Million?

Scott Graves

First Post
Whoosh! I’m done with this.

Don't want to answer the question? How many innocent men need to be destroyed, imprisoned and most likely raped themselves to insure no guilty man goes free? What number of innocent men condemned are you comfortable with? That's all I want to know.

gyor

Legend
ITT: people who don't realize that beyond-a-reasonable-doubt only applies to criminal cases, and for good reason. Ourentire world would grind to a halt overnight if everything suddenly had to be ruthlessly cross-examined and scrutinized for the tiniest detail. Hell, civil cases use balance of probabilities 50+1 to determine whether or not the plaintiff has to cough up the dough. So yeah, choke on your "proof", or shove it up your :):):):):):):). Take your pick.

This. And considering more and more evidence is magerializing against Projared, I'm not inclined to give hom the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe if #Metoo hadn't demanded the Accused be completely ruin without trial, and demand that everyone treat these accused like none persons then you'd have an arguement that the same level of proof is not required, but by being so merciless and viscious with no sense of proportion and a functional automatic sentance of guilty even in the face of physical evidence showing otherwise, #Metoo demands a higher standard of proof, because it's acting like court, jury, judge, and executioners.

gyor

Legend
This thread has little to do with D&D so I'm moving on, I come here to get away from culture wars, not find myself increasingly embroiled in them
I've made my points, I'm moving on before I get in crap.

Psyzhran2357

First Post
Having you rep shredded by #Metoo has lead to suicides, so the stakes are high in and out if court, but at least courts have rules and the accused have rights.
If a person believes that their reputation was that damaged, they can sue for defamation. That's what the civil courts are for. Anything else is simply people using their freedom of expression to express their belief that the accused is a :):):):).

#metoo, both in its initial form as an organized protest against abuses of position and power perpetrated by Hollywood executives against actresses, and as a wider movement speaking out against sexual assault and exposing cases of harassment that would otherwise go unheard, has been a net benefit simply for the fact that on a macro scale, it has tightening an imbalance of power. Previously, victims of sexual assault often stayed silent as their abuser or assaulter had more resources at their disposal, in the form of money, connections, and reputation. Attempting to launch such a serious claim against their character alone, without support, would only lead to the ruin of the assaulted, no matter the truth of the situation. They would be drowned in legal fees and shut out of their fuels of work due to the other party having all the strings to pull. This perception of them being alone and powerless is what leads to so many sexual crimes going unreported. #metoo has provided a support network that allows for a leveling of the playing field, so that more injustices are brought to light.

You really should stick to regurgitating Forgotten Realms lore. Everything else that comes out of your mouth is poison borne out of ignorance.

Scott Graves

First Post
This thread has little to do with D&D so I'm moving on, I come here to get away from culture wars, not find myself increasingly embroiled in them
I've made my points, I'm moving on before I get in crap.

I did ask about the ten foot pole and if it was in the equipment lists anymore... That's a D&D question.

Scott Graves

First Post
If a person believes that their reputation was that damaged, they can sue for defamation. That's what the civil courts are for. Anything else is simply people using their freedom of expression to express their belief that the accused is a :):):):).

#metoo, both in its initial form as an organized protest against abuses of position and power perpetrated by Hollywood executives against actresses, and as a wider movement speaking out against sexual assault and exposing cases of harassment that would otherwise go unheard, has been a net benefit simply for the fact that on a macro scale, it has tightening an imbalance of power. Previously, victims of sexual assault often stayed silent as their abuser or assaulter had more resources at their disposal, in the form of money, connections, and reputation. Attempting to launch such a serious claim against their character alone, without support, would only lead to the ruin of the assaulted, no matter the truth of the situation. They would be drowned in legal fees and shut out of their fuels of work due to the other party having all the strings to pull. This perception of them being alone and powerless is what leads to so many sexual crimes going unreported. #metoo has provided a support network that allows for a leveling of the playing field, so that more injustices are brought to light.

You really should stick to regurgitating Forgotten Realms lore. Everything else that comes out of your mouth is poison borne out of ignorance.

So how many innocent men are you willing to condemn to insure no guilty men go free? How many innocents are you willing to send to prison where they will likely get raped themselves so that guilty man doesn't go free? Just give me a number. That's all I want.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Having you rep shredded by #Metoo has lead to suicides, so the stakes are high in and out if court, but at least courts have rules and the accused have rights.

Do you have any idea how many victims of sexual violence die by suicide? And you would have us, what, do nothing about that? At all? Yes, every suicide is a tragedy, but the likelihood of a man being falsely accused is so statistically low as to be near insignificant.

And the guy in this case is pretty clearly very guilty

Scott Graves

First Post
And the guy in this case is pretty clearly very guilty

So how many innocent men are you willing to destroy to insure not a single guilty man goes free? I want this damn answer from those supporting destroying this man on public media with only Twitter based evidence. How many innocent men are you willing to condemn and possibly imprison where they are likely to be raped so no guilty men go free. Just give me a number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads