ZEITGEIST Starting Adventure Six Questions (possible Spoilers)

Tizbiz

Explorer
Tell me more about high Perception, my eladrin artificer has passive Perception/Insight of 42 at level 13. If you're looking for Ob officers, check the roster at adventure 7, personally I'd try to introduce Vicemi Terio. An interesting tidbit of information is that he's Risuri in origin, kinda continuing the line of McBennin and Saxby, and being a ghost with at-will invisibility gives him a lot of opportunities to talk with Lya's bodyguards undetected (he can literally never show himself through this whole adventure, which will help to prepare dramatic reveal of his appearance in adventure 7).

Yes, thats about the same perception my player has and he has this anoying scent ability an top of that.:.-(

Thats a sweet idea. I will look Vimentio up. Thanks a lot.

Greys of Shade

First Post
Drop some stink bombs at him? Let him swim through Parity Lake?

My female players had this danorian Fordren Guy as an NPC in her background story. We had startet the first adventure an she mentioned him to her RHC partner at some point comparing him to other industrialists. She had defined him in her story and i wanted to involve him with a twist. Right now she has an uneasy truce with this Fordren and i kind of want to see her face when she later allies with him against the OB. I do not want her to discover him being a dragon to early.

Playing good Industrialist versa bad Industrialist is a nice idea. I would paint Pemberton more the "bad" guy to later on strengthen the shock wenn they discover more about Fordren. Thanks for the idea.

Ah, so you fear that she may break the truce and re-oignite her feud with him should she find out he's a dragon too early in the campaign.

I guess you can then safely reveal Pemberton, unless you got something planned for him as well. But if I understand this correctly, then Fordren is your major recurring NPC and Pemberton is merely a red herring. So you'd maybe only use him in adventure six and, depending on the outcome, let him fade to the background again.

From what I read about your campaign, Gradiax' Fordren identity has a lot of other NPC covering him up? Then I guess they'll never suspect him to be a dragon as well, lest the same one as Pemberton.

Tizbiz

Explorer
If i remember correctly King Bole's Truce with the dragons was about 200 years in the past. The original terms stated that they have to live at least 100 years in human form and keep a low profile as well as swear to never harm Risur.

I thnk i read somewhere that after 100 years of being constantly in human shape the dragons had difficulties to revert to their dragon shape for a longer time.

Fordren basically had nothing fill his mind. I assume, that he used his hoard to buy into technology and the best place for that is Danor. As Magic can be brought to Danor he was able to keep his polymorphed appearance in Dranor. It even fits my players history that he was often on the yerasol islands to renew his magic. Macdam was colonised around the second yerasol war by risuri technologist that were dissatisfied with the anti technologist movement in risur. Fordren saw a perfect place to get a foothold on "risuri soil" without actually meddling with risurs affairs during the war. He established a new identity as Pemberton in Macdam.

Playing the cloak and dagger games has his own merits. In my campaign Fordren has been in trade agreements with several risuri industrialist and is now himself well established in flint. As long as there is hope of ongoing peace talks between risur and danor Fordren can afford to sacrifice the minor identity as Pemberton to keep his other gains in risur and danor. His Fordren identity could even buy out Pemberton industrial belongings in Ber and Macdam to deepen the appearence that Fordren and Pemberton are not the same person.

King Aodan kind of inherited the truce with the dragons from the former kings of risur. And his advisor is a dragon himself. They both have an interest in keeping the secret about the dragons and can count on their loyal constables to keep the secret of the truce. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads